The Benefits and LOA Manager, based in Aliso Viejo, CA (HYBRID) oversees the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group and voluntary health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and all other benefit plans or programs), as well as the administration of all company leaves in accordance with applicable federal and state regulations. Provides excellent customer service, and establishes and maintains professional internal and external relationships at all levels.
What will you do?
• In partnership with Glaukos’ third party leave administrator, manages, and tracks all leaves of absence, including Worker’s Compensation claims, providing timely notification/response according to applicable state and federal laws and regulations and company policy. Ensures timely response to state agencies or third-party vendors regarding SDI, PFL or LTD claims coordination. Calculates pay period compensation for employees on LOA and provides pay instructions to the Payroll department in a timely manner. Ensures employee portion of benefits premiums are paid in a timely manner. Tracks and counsels employees and management on leave policies and procedures.
• Responds to employee inquiries regarding Leave of Absence. Meets as necessary with employees to discuss and educate them about their individual leave scenarios.
• Each pay period, calculates and communicates employee payroll instructions per individual leave parameters and Glaukos’ policies. Ensures benefit premiums are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
• Manages broker relationships including renewals, new benefit plans, utilization reviews, and benchmarking.
• Performs timely and accurate administration of all group and voluntary benefit programs and reconciles benefits invoices to ensure accuracy of coverage and timely payment.
• Maintains HRIS and Benefits Enrollment system(s), ensuring that all employee data is accurate while producing reports, and working with payroll to ensure employee transactions are processed appropriately. Advises vendor/broker of any issues. Ensures accurate transmission of employee benefits enrollment data to ADP payroll system.
• Manages Glaukos’ annual employee benefits fair and open enrollment.
• Manages Glaukos’ 401k plan to include day-to-day administration as well as annual audit and annual true-up.
• Provides employee education by; creating presentations, developing communication tools to enhance understanding of benefit offerings, and aiding in claims/issue resolution acting as a liaison between employee and carrier when necessary. Fosters positive and effective relationships with employees and carrier representatives.
Communication and Employee Experience
• Staying abreast of benefits trends, reviews, and recommends benefit plans that align with Glaukos’ benefit philosophy and strategy.
• Proactively engages employees from new hire to retirement innovatively leveraging technology to enhance Glaukos’ employee experience.
• Develops, implements, and manages Glaukos’ employee wellness program.
• Assists with various projects, programs, and events, performing other tasks or duties as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent employee benefits administration experience required.
• Eight (8) years’ experience in Benefits and Leave Administration required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefit programs, including but not limited to: ERISA, COBRA/Cal-COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, ADA, Section 125, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills aiding in effective communication and working relationships with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to handle confidential employee matters while maintaining confidentiality and tact.
• Computer literacy and proficiency with, Oracle Fusion HCM, MS Office; including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Certification/Licensure: PHR or SPHR Certification preferred. CEBS preferred.