Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Total Rewards, the Benefits Manager manages a full spectrum of benefits plans including 401(k) retirement, medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD and voluntary benefits for Interior Logic Group, located in Irvine, CA. Manage all functions associated with the administration of company benefits programs, including communications, education, marketing, compliance, wellness initiatives and benefits system set up. Ensures Interior Logic Group provides a best-in-class employee experience with benefits education, communication and support. Manage a team of benefits professionals, provide coaching and mentoring and oversee deliverables are completed on time with excellence.
• Manage, implement, and maintain benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
• Oversee benefits plan set up and file integrations in Workday Benefits Administration system.
• Ensure programs meet organizational and employee needs and comply with legal requirements. Ensure all compliance requirements are met (i.e. ACA, COBRA notices, Summary Annual Report distribution, 5500s, PCORI fees, discrimination testing, etc.).
• Partner with benefits brokers to oversee fiscal performance of benefit plans, ensure compliance and competitive benefits offerings to meet employee needs across the nation.
• Develop LOA policies and procedures and oversee LOA function and staff, in partnership with leave administration vendor.
• Develop benefits communications to educate and market benefits to employees. Create communications and content to renew intranet resources for employees.
• Design and lead the annual Open Enrollment process, including planning, material design, communication and HRIS system updates. Partner with the business to support non-computer users and Spanish speaking employees.
• Recommend benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
• Operate as the main contact with third party administrators, carriers, vendors, brokers, and providers.
• Oversee the monthly billing process and confirm timely and accurate payments are made. Partner with the ILG Accounting team to ensure accurate billing and banking processes are in place.
• Design and manage wellness initiatives and incentives.
• Counsel management and employees on benefits related issues. Research legal opinions and partner with Legal as needed.
• Evaluate existing benefits programs against peer benchmarks to determine competitiveness and trends.
• Stay up to date on new developments in benefits related laws and regulations. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• 7+ years applicable job experience
• 2+ years of management experience
• Experience partnering with business leaders in a dynamic and fast-moving business setting managing multiple priorities
• Strong knowledge of FMLA, ADA, PPACA, and federal and state laws regarding benefits (e.g., ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.)
• Experience with managing benefits for multi-sites across many states
• Strong Excel skills
• Able to present to management & large groups
• Prior leave management experience
• Well-developed interpersonal skills to interact with senior management and employees on matters of a confidential or sensitive nature and the ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
• Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
• Knowledge of benefits contract language
• Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills
• Hybrid role, part in the office and part remote
• Travel – less than 10%
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years applicable job experience
• Professional certification, such Certified Benefits Professional (CBP)
• Fluent in Spanish communication, including written communication.
• Experience integrating mergers and acquisitions
• Prior experience using Workday
Skills & Competencies
• Strong communication skills, including written communication
• High level organizational skills, time management skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment to consistently meet deadlines
• Knowledge of principles, procedures and best practices in the industry
• Ability to take ownership of responsibilities and effectively handle interpersonal relationships with others
• Attention to detail and aptitude in working with numbers including mathematical calculations involving percentages, fractions, and decimals
• Excellent managerial, supervisory, and/or leadership skills. Able to develop and motivate others
• Strong working knowledge of benefits programs and laws governing benefits compliance