The benefits program manager implements, administers and maintains benefits programs, policies and procedures. Maintains and updates business continuity disaster and pandemic policies and procedures for all Benefit and Wellness programs. Develops, distributes and maintains ERISA Plan Documents for 401(k) and Health Plans, including Summary Plan Descriptions, Summary Material Modifications, Summary Material Reductions, Summary of Benefit Coverage, and Summary Annual Reports. Manages the 401(k) day-to-day operations and performs data analytics to identify participant communication needs, monitor fund balances, recommends reallocations when needed and coordinates with payroll to support the annual 401(k) audit. Monitors daily medical plan funding requests – identifies, files and tracks stop loss claims; ensures collection of appropriate Rx rebates; alerts AVP of large claimants and claim anomalies. Builds and sustains relationships with the credit union’s Vendor Management department to manage benefit vendor contracts, facilitate annual due diligence reviews and responds to vendor inquiries such as potential data breaches. Ensures department milestones and goals are met. Completes any other job related duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Purpose, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
Career Experience Descriptino
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years benefit administration experience in the areas of cafeteria benefits, flexible-spending accounts, 401(k) plans, COBRA and HIPAA administration and compliance, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws affecting employee benefits such as COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, PPACA, IRS Tax Code, etc.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced Word and Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookup, etc).
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings based on business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work in a dynamic team environment.
- Ideal Candidate Will Have:
SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, CEB or similar certification. Understanding and working knowledge of employer health plan self-funding. Experience working with HR systems and software such as ADP. PEO experience.
Security Service Federal Credit Union is an industry leader who has built a reputation of innovation, strength, and stability. We pride ourselves on discovering and developing employees who have exceptional character and a genuine passion for helping others. In return, we deliver a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing of our employees.Apply for this job online