Newport Beach, CA
The Compensation & Payroll Manager is responsible for assuring the Company’s domestic and international benefits and compensation packages are cost-effective, competitive, and current. Individual is also responsible for overseeing and managing accuracy and implementation of payroll, and all compensation and benefit-related packages.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be a subject matter expert on payroll, compensation and general benefits, including analyzing and providing recommendations to Company to improve/modify payroll and C&B policies and programs, while helping to keep Company current and competitive
- Create a comprehensive total rewards philosophy that aligns to our strategy, business goals and global talent needs
- Serve as SME on industry salaries, benefits [especially ACG’s qualified and non-qualified retirement plans including 401(k), Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan (SERP), Deferred Compensation Plan (DCP), and ACG’s variable compensation plans such as the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) and the Long-Term Incentive Plan (LTIP)], merit increase trends and implementation
- Analyze C&B data against policies and report non-compliant situations
- Advise HR department on basic C&B topics and make related recommendations for change
- Research, analyze and update salary ranges for all positions
- Participate in annual merit increase and bonus processes and make recommendations based on domestic and international data/trends
- Analyze retirement plans and incentive-based compensation plans and recommend potential changes to streamline provisions and administration of such plans
- Partner with HR Director on all benefits initiatives, including open enrollment, maintaining relationships with brokers and related vendors.
- Provide audits on C&B programs and ensure compliance and accuracy
- Management of domestic and international payroll
- Implementation of consistent payroll policies and internal controls to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for exempt and non-exempt regular payroll, bonuses, retirement distributions, etc.
- Provide detailed review of payroll processing on a bi-weekly and ad-hoc basis for both domestic and international payroll processing including regular payroll, bonuses, terminations, retirement distributions, etc.
- Liaise with employees on payroll related questions and concerns
- Manage 3rd party service providers related to compensation and benefits including ADP, Principal, PayFlex, etc.
- Provide regular audits between payroll and 3rd party systems
- Prepare data for compensation and benefits analyses; clean and check the quality and accuracy of the data
- Calculate variable pay for employees during the onboarding and offboarding process (AIP, LTIP, SERP, and DCP)
- Provide back-up payroll support when needed
- Work closely with the Finance department to accurately forecast and report compensation and benefit costs
- Manage Payroll staff
- Partner with HR Director and other team members to manage and monitor all leaves of absences including STD, LTD, FMLA, Worker’s Compensation and ADA accommodations, ensuring accurate payments and communications with employees.
- Prepare and present related budgets, reports, audits, and presentations
- Participate in company committees as requested
- Handle other projects and tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance or Accounting; prior HR experience helpful
- Strong analytical skills, strong with numbers, calculations and data; excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to self-manage; team player and good time management skills
- 5-10 years prior Payroll and C&B experience in a fast-paced, highly accurate environment
- Proficient with MS Office especially Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook. Specific expertise in excel including ability to perform complex calculations and formulas, pivot tables, comparisons, V and H lookups, etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and time-driven
- International benefits and compensation experience is a plus
If you are interested in the Compensation & Payroll Manager position, please send your resume and cover letter to ACGHRApply@aviationcapital.com