The Corporate Communications Manager will develop creative and innovative solutions to help leaders communicate the company’s strategy to their teams and the broader global audience of 11,000 associates. This is a high-profile role at Beckman Coulter, a company with a clear sense of purpose to enhance the diagnostic laboratory’s role in improving healthcare outcomes for patients. Beckman Coulter was named one of the Top Workplaces by the Orange County Register – and we’re looking forward to welcoming a rockstar communicator onto our team!
In this role, you’ll help the Global Corporate Communications team deliver the most effective communications cadence, frequency, content and channels to reinforce Beckman Coulter’s business strategy, employer brand, and culture. You’ll contribute to the rhythm that drives predictable information flow, organizational alignment, and employee engagement across Beckman Coulter.
We’re looking for an expert-communications professional who can understand complex issues, distill them into clear and concise messages, and work alongside leaders to communicate those topics to their teams in an omni-channel approach: written (executive emails, intranet, newsletters), spoken (talking points, scripts, podcasts, webcasts, townhalls), and visual (presentations, videos, digital signage).
We want someone who knows the power of storytelling and how to bring an employer brand to life externally and internally. You’ll support the full employee life cycle, from attracting high-performing talent to engaging them during their career at Beckman Coulter.
Outstanding writing skills are a must, and the ideal candidate will be highly skilled at establishing relationships, collaborating with individuals across time zones and regions, and delivering communication that makes an impact. You’ll work with teammates, internal clients, and vendor partners.
If you thrive in a high-energy work environment and have a passion for working for a company that’s moving healthcare forward… this role at Beckman Coulter may be for you!
What You’ll Do
- Craft and execute strategic internal communication plans for Beckman Coulter Diagnostics to ensure coordination and collaboration across business units around the world
- Write intranet articles, scripts, talking points, and communications in partnership with leaders and subject matter experts
- Manage communication tools, including intranet, digital signage, newsletter, executive emails
- Work independently as a high-performing individual contributor, and lead functional teams or projects; partners with outside vendors
- Develop and deploy Beckman Coulter’s employer brand and recruitment marketing content in partnership with internal partners, including ongoing talent attraction campaigns and employee experience initiatives
- Create and execute social media content and engage on LinkedIn, Glassdoor; track relevant metrics/analytics
- Interpret business issues and recommend standard methodologies for communications
- Identify innovative solutions to complex communication problems
- Communicate difficult concepts and influence others to adopt a different point of view
What Experience You’ll Bring
- A track record in communicating change for enterprise-wide initiatives
- A strong creative capability to transform simple messages into communication that drives action
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically; with urgency and enthusiasm
- A strong attention to detail, superior time management and organizational skills
The Essential Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 9+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 7+ years of experience
- Experience developing communications programs that engage and motivate employees
- Global project management expertise and a familiarity working with multiple lines of business and a diverse workforce
- Expert writing, editing and presentation skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Onsite cafeteria, coffee shop, credit union and gym at Global Headquarters in Brea, California