The executive recruiting firm of Saenger Associates has been exclusively retained to find a Director, Human Resources for the largest temporary site services supplier in the nation.
This privately- owned company, founded over 50 years ago, is headquartered in the San Fernando Valley and services over 80 metropolitan areas nationwide.
Reporting to the president, the Director, Human Resources will oversee the employee relations, employment law compliance, benefits, workers’ compensation, risk management and payroll areas while managing an HR staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with and conduct training for regional managers and office administrators on various Human Resources related policies and procedures including handling employee relations issues
Provide strategic Human Resources guidance and advice to company President
Work with brokers to design employee benefit plans, worker’s compensation, general liability and automobile
Develop and write policies and procedures, discipline and termination notices
Execute decisions regarding workers’ compensation claims/settlements
Maintain employment law compliance across 40 states
Competitive compensation package including attractive base salary, bonus opportunity. Local candidates.
- 7 or more years of directly related human resources experience including leading a team; be an expert in workers’ compensation and safety
- Bachelor’s degree required; SHRM-CP strongly preferred
- Must have expertise creating policies, procedures and handbooks
- Experience working in an environment with a large Spanish speaking population
- Experience working for a nation-wide organization within the services, construction, logistics/transportation or related industry
- Must be comfortable and experienced working side by side with all levels of staff including executive level persons