Decatur, GA (pop. 25,000). Welcoming, historic city with beautiful neighborhoods and an exciting downtown seeks highly progressive, team oriented, collaborative and experienced Director of Human Resources. A 2018 All-America City, Decatur is known as a forward-looking High-Performance Organization. Located adjacent to Atlanta, Decatur is the county seat for DeKalb County and offers excellent schools, outstanding amenities and a high quality of service.
• The Director of Human Resources reports to the Assistant City Manager for Administrative Services. The Administrative Services Department includes: Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Municipal Court.
• The Director of Human Resources oversees a staff of four and is responsible for the full complement of human resources services and management, including benefits administration, payroll, employee recruitment, retention, and training. The City also operates its own Retirement System for employees.
• The City has a $63 million total budget, which includes a $28 million general fund budget. Decatur is a full-service city including police, fire, public works, community and economic development, planning and zoning, finance, human resources, active living, children and youth services, civic engagement, communications and marketing, and special events. The City has 230 full-time employees, and 301 part-time seasonal employees.
• The City utilizes the High-Performance Organization Model and expects all leaders to be collaborative, team-oriented, and to create a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Candidates should be committed to strategic planning, excellence in customer service and have a desire for ongoing innovation in service delivery. In addition, candidates must have strong project management skills, a record of taking initiative and a management and leadership style that reflects collaboration and team building.
• A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business, public administration, or closely related field. A Master’s degree is desirable.
• Five to seven years increasingly responsible experience in human resources management, including experience supervising, coaching, and managing employees.
• Experience in HRIS systems, employee engagement, and training are highly valued.
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM-SCP credentials are a plus.
Candidates should also have:
Starting salary range is $71,365 – $116,838 +/- DOQ. Residency in the City of Decatur is not required. Interested candidates should apply by May 15, 2020, with a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 5 professional references to Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA. Electronic submissions at www.GovHRjobs.com. The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply for this job online