B-K Lighting + TEKA Illumination has proudly provided the lighting industry with the most dependable products made proudly in the USA since 1984. Our fixtures are innovatively engineered and beautifully designed to meet both residential and architectural needs. We have complete control over the manufacturing process, allowing us to bring you products built with the most ethical processes and quality craftsmanship unmatched in the industry.
Employee Powered, Employee Owned
Our employees are what make B-K Lighting all that it is, so we wanted them to benefit from the company’s success in a tangible way. For that reason, we became an ESOP so that each one of our employees – members of our local community – could turn their career at B-K into an investment in their future.
Now, they have an even greater sense of pride for the hard work they put in every day with the confidence that it will be rewarded long after their time spent with us.
USA Inspired, Designed, Manufactured
The foundation of B-K Lighting originated right here in Central California, and after seeing the passion, innovation, and creativity that goes into an American-made product, we knew how important it was to hold onto it. Keeping the entire manufacturing process here means we know exactly what goes into every product and allows us to customize according to your vision with ease and confidence.
Not only do you benefit from USA manufacturing, but being able to provide jobs and boost our country’s economy benefits everyone in our community.
Celebrating 35 Years by Planting 35,000 Trees
We needed to do something now and be part of something bigger than ourselves to get these lands back to what they used to be. B-K Lighting celebrates 35 years of illuminating the plant and a renewed commitment to our green source initiatives. We believe it is our corporate and social environmental responsibility to not just put words on paper, but to take action. Become doers and create a brighter world.
We realize the need to continue to give back to the environment. We have green source initiatives to do our part. It takes the leadership of companies around the country to recognize that they can start to do something today, and how vital it is to get involved and to provide further generations with a landscape they can be proud to be in.
We committed to plant 35,000 trees in our National Forests in 2019, supporting the National Forest Foundation’s campaign “50 million trees in our National Forests” by 2023 and the California Wildfire Reforestation project. Every fixture purchased contributed to planting trees – and helped us reach our goal, thank you!
The Director of Human Resources Summary
The Director of Human Resources will have the primary responsibility for ensuring the company is able to attract, develop and retain leaders and employees capable of delivering on its evolving strategy and goals. He/she will be a strategic partner and advisor to the Chief Executive Officer. As a member of the senior management team, the Director of HR will provide focused direction in the areas of staffing, talent management, training and organizational development, employee communications and engagement, compensation and benefits and employee relations.
What you will do…
• Ensure that current and future business needs are reflected in the development and implementation of HR strategies and programs and that deliverables are aligned to the strategic business objectives of the organization.
• Partner with the organization’s senior leadership team and provide coaching and counsel on key business, organizational and people issues; advise senior leadership team on change management and aligning our talent resources with company goals.
• Provide leadership and focus the human resources team to deliver on the priorities across the range of HR disciplines including benefits, compensation, employee engagement, workforce planning, succession planning, performance management, talent learning and development, talent acquisition, employee relations and payroll.
• Provide guidance with respect to business ethics and be the voice that reminds the organization to always do the right thing on behalf of its employees and clients along with reinforcing our values and culture.
• Balance the needs of the business while ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and government agencies related to employment laws. Anticipate regulatory changes and develop and implement strategies to ensure compliance and mitigate negative impact on the Company’s financials and operating efficiencies.
• Develop and support operational and process improvement programs that lead to a more lean and efficient business and develop company Human Resource policies and procedures that support business, profit, cost containment, and growth objectives.
• Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for HR and talent management functions, develop project plans to achieve goals and monitor organization’s performance
Experience and Competencies you will possess…
• 10+ years of experience within the HR field with 5+ years in leadership roles
• Prior experience working in an ESOP, preferred
• Ability to influence business leaders with information on suggested action for solving business and people issues.
• Superior inter-personal, communication and relationship building skills and the ability to work across the organization with employees and leaders at all levels.
• Natural leader and intentional manager able to inspire, motivate, nurture, and develop people
• A strategic thinker that seeks information and perspectives, conducts analysis, and uses sound judgment to drive complex issues to resolution, yet has the ability to focus on tactical and operational issues in a fluid environment
• Demonstrated track record leading, and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees
• Self-starter, highly motivated and achievement oriented
The Personal Characteristics you demonstrate…
People Leadership: Influence others, engage and inspire, promote collaboration, build talent, communicate effectively, and build relationships.
Thought Leadership: Using insightful judgment, strategic vision, and focus, apply financial acumen, drive innovation and improvement.
Personal Leadership: Inspire trust, adapt, learn, and lead courageously. Passionate about providing the highest level of service to the organization.
Results Leadership: Ensure execution, drive targeted results, and focus on customers.
Team and Company: This individual will operate without ego to move the company agenda forward and unfailingly support colleagues, peers, and the HR team.
Demonstrated Integrity: Possesses a strong value system. Can be counted on as a leader, advisor, coach, and role model. Sets an ethical standard across the business.
Benefits include competitive compensation, incentive programs, full suite of health and wellness benefits, 401k plan and ESOP.
Equal Opportunity: B K Lighting is an at will and equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel in a manner that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.