For almost four decades, SWCA Environmental Consultants has provided comprehensive environmental planning, regulatory compliance, and natural and cultural resource management services to businesses and government clients across the United States. SWCA is an employee-owned firm of scientists, planners, and technical experts. We combine scientific expertise with sound technical skills to provide solutions to a full spectrum of environmental projects. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, SWCA has 37 offices and over 1,000 employees throughout the United States to serve clients from primary business lines, including energy generation, oil and gas, mining, federal land management, transmission, and transportation. This position is available for a combined distributed work and local office work environment in one of the following offices: Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT, Denver, CO, Houston, TX, Austin, TX, Amherst, MA.
The Executive Leadership Team (ELT) at SWCA projects continued significant annual growth year-over-year for the next several years. This trajectory requires the addition of a director-level human resources leader, Director of People Support who has the ability to work in tandem with SWCA’s leadership team to ensure that all People Support efforts align with future organizational goals. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a human resources professional who is excited about working for an environmental consulting firm that offers a unique client interface, an employee-valued culture, and the potential for growth. Reporting to the Chief People Officer (CPO), the Director of People Support is a creative, hands-on organizational influencer, listener and coach who will provide strategic and tactical guidance to leadership at all levels while overseeing employee engagement, performance management, policies and procedures, and compliance, as well as leading our savvy and service-oriented Employee Relations and Compliance team.
We are #OneSWCA. We collaborate, we’re #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle and we #GiveBack. We are 100% employee-owned and we build our success together. It is imperative for the successful candidate to fit SWCA’s unique culture. Do you appreciate sustainability and environmental awareness? Do you want to work for a company that has homebrew and crazy sock design competitions? Is giving back to your community a priority? SWCA is a team of scientists, planners, technical experts, and corporate services professionals committed to our culture.
Our company purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today. You are invited to be a part of our success story.
• In partnership with the CPO, ELT, and Sr. Leadership, design and execute SWCA’s People Success programs bringing expertise and thought leadership to our people philosophy.
• Develop and implement strategies to increase Diversity & Inclusion within the organization.
• Oversee the administration of employee satisfaction surveys, consulting and strategizing with senior leadership on measures to continually enhance employee engagement to build upon SWCA’s enviable culture and position as an employer of choice.
• Manage the performance appraisal process and assist with goal development. Collaborate with leaders on creating individual performance improvement plans that enhance growth.
• Participate in coaching, counseling, mediation, and advising of leaders and staff to ensure resolution of employment-related matters.
• Proactively assess and create and/or update policies, procedures, and guidelines ensuring alignment with our people-centric culture.
• Prepare and analyze HR metrics and provide reports that support decision making in specified areas.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation. Ensure adherence to federal, state, and local legal requirements and advise leadership on needed actions to remain compliant in a multi-state environment.
• Synergize People Success efforts within the HR department partnering with peers in Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Total Rewards, and Wellness, etc.
• Effectively collaborate with Operational Leadership across the organization and in other corporate support departments including IT, Payroll, Safety, Marketing, etc.
• In partnership with the Learning & Development team, educate and train leadership at all levels on People Success best practices and skills.
• Lead and develop an agile and highly effective Employee Relations and Compliance team.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition, operational leaders, and vendors to provide oversight of Affirmative Action Planning, and OFCCP compliance. Partner with Safety and Risk to provide oversight of Worker’s Compensation.
• Respond to requests for EEO data and prepare and audit data for other required reporting for federal, state, and local agencies.
• Select and manage external vendors, consultants, brokers, and advisors and negotiate contracts, seeking to balance effective outcomes with cost control.
• Partner with peer HR and Payroll leadership in oversight and optimization of HRIS and other technology solutions.
• Provide frequent strategic analysis to the CPO and the ELT to ensure that SWCA is an industry leader in People Success efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology, or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in human resource functions and/or people leadership roles or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in team/department leadership.
• Prior experience consulting, coaching, and influencing executives.
• Working knowledge and understanding of human resources policies and procedures, and knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, HIPAA, and EEO laws and regulations.
• Proven facilitation experience and skills with meetings and presentations, and the ability to interface with all levels of staff with tact and diplomacy.
• Master’s degree in a related field.
• SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification.
• Prior experience working with similar-sized firms.
• Experience as a champion for Inclusion & Diversity programs.
• COVID 19 safety protocol will allow for this position to be 100% remote initially. We plan to have this position sit near one of our large offices and have the ability to frequently work in the office and also work remotely partially.
• We anticipate travel for the first year at 20-25% and 10-15% thereafter.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/y6k7r4rxr7rzgdcr
PI120673507Apply for this job online