JOB SUMMARY: The Employee Relations is responsible for responding to concerns and issues, including investigations pertaining to workplace policies, procedures and compliance with all company and external requirements. Contributing to reduce company risk and improve productivity, motivation and moral while preserving our culture and values. Partnering with managers to address employee concerns and needs improving retention and engagement.
POSITION REPORTS TO: VP of Human Resources & Organizational Development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides on going coaching, development and training to business leaders to ensure positive employee relations and communications consistent with company policies and values.
• Establishes relationships with employees to support employees across the organization to address and resolve workplace matters.
• Conducts investigations involving sensitive matters including, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and other work-related matters to document findings and make recommendations on appropriate actions.
• Works with Leadership to identify trends, insights and make recommendations impacting employee retention and engagement.
• Identifies skills gaps and make recommendations for development and training.
• Identifies development and training for leaders in performance management to increase leadership competency.
• Participates in the design, development and delivery of Policies and Employee Training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
• 7-10 years in Human Resources with majority addressing employee relations
• Knowledge and application of policies and practices including employment law and regulations
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills: feedback, coaching and guidance of others
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Excellent communication/presentation skills
• Attention to detail and organization skills
• Effective time-management abilities
• Strong teamwork and positive attitude
• Ability to work independently
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires prolonged sitting, occasional walking, standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance. The ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.Apply for this job online