The Employee Relations Specialist will be responsible for investigating employee relations in a manner that is effective, empathetic, neutral, fair and in support of values of Honesty, Fairness and Respect. The Employee Relations Specialist spends 60% of their time conducting interviews and investigations and consulting with the Employee Relations Business Partner to drive employee complaints to closure in timely manner while leveraging best resolution practices. You will develop productive relationships with the HR and Operations teams and act as an advisor and compliance trainer for the district. In addition, you will identify training needs, and help coordinate training to minimize legal exposure and ensure all employees have the knowledge to prevent mitigate legal conflicts at the field. Helps to identify employee complaint trends and prevention strategies. Makes recommendations on the revision or updates of company policies/procedures to support continued enhancement of work environment. Assists in the development of training programs designed to educate supervisors in the areas of Wage and Hour, ALRA, Union. Helps in coordination, tracking and organization of compliance and required annual mandatory trainings. Develops and facilitates monthly leader trainings in both virtual and in person settings. Attends seminars, workshops, training sessions and other educational opportunities to stay current on legal requirements and HR best practices. Travels 60 of the time with a company car.
PLEASE EMAIL RNitka@CrossroadsStaffing.com even if you apply online
- Must have knowledge in CA and federal employment law, ALRA, Union Environment, DOL, FMLA, CFRA Mandated Leaves, ADA, FEHA, and relevant Wage Orders.
- Bilingual Spanish English
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient3 Years of HR experience includes investigations employment laws
- Degree in HR, -Business or related field
- Diverse cultural orientation and working experience preferred
- Degree preferred
- HR Certification helpful
- Farm industry, Agriculture, or Production experience
- Union experience