The Government Contracts & Payroll Administrator is responsible for providing program finance support, contracts administration, and subcontracts administration for OLEDWorks’ Government Programs. Although the primary function of the job will be government contract focused, this individual will use payroll information to assemble required reporting and will be responsible for payroll administration for all U.S. employees.
Government Contract Administration
- Manages and administers all government awards and projects. Includes effectively
- managing prime and monitoring sub-contracts.
- Coordinates with agencies/higher tier contractors/subcontractors as necessary. Includes
- follow-up with the specific cognizant government agency.
- Downloads award/modification documents from customer website(s) as necessary
- Communicates updated indirect rate agreements/upcoming indirect rate adjustments
- invoices to customer(s)
- Maintains login credentials needed for various customer’s website access
- Prepares and maintains contract briefs, including a master schedule of contracts
- Identifies and mitigates areas of compliance risk
- Manages and supports all aspects of DCAA Audits, including ensuring all compliance
- requirements are met
- Reviews all company processes in the areas of accounting, estimating, purchasing, etc. to
- ensure compliance with government reporting requirements. This includes proper
- tagging, labeling, and tracking of government property and materials management.
- Administers process for submitting claims, REAs, and termination settlement proposals
- Prepares close-out reporting at the end of each government project
- Works on various special projects as assigned by the Sr. Director of Finance
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change at any time due to the
- needs of the organization with or without notice.
- Supports the preparation of monthly invoices in accordance with contract instructions
- Prepares monthly/quarterly financial reporting as required by contract terms, including
- EAC/ETC preparation
- Prepares annual provisional rates and monitors actual rates to provisional rates
- Monitors actual contract costs to budgeted contract costs
- Conducts cost impact and general dollar magnitude modeling as needed
- Aids in the development of cost structures, volume modeling, and cost proposal
- Prepares, organizes, and analyzes incurred cost submissions and forward pricing rate
- Provides overall support with finance and accounting related tasks including modeling,
- analysis, and reporting to the CEO and Sr Finance Director
- Manages electronic timekeeping system and ensures timesheets are approved and
- accurate. Contacts supervisors as needed to stay on payroll schedule.
- Calculates commissions/bonuses. Provides eligible employees with commission reports.
- Reviews and records hours worked, wage amounts, and other payroll data into payroll
- software bi-weekly. Prepares and processes payroll according to the payroll schedule.
- Ensures employee payroll records are maintained
- Generates, reviews, and retains payroll related reports
- Collaborates with Accountant to provide payroll related data to record in QuickBooks
- Coordinates with HR to ensure correct employee data
- Tracks employee absences and ensures accuracy of accrual balances
- Researches and responds to any errors in payroll and makes corrections or adjustments
- Answers employee payroll related questions in a timely and courteous manner
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field and 1-2 years of experience with
QuickBooks and payroll software preferred, or a combination of a High School Diploma and 3-5 years of accounting and payroll experience required. 3-5 years of experience in US Government contracting required.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Familiarity with and willingness to learn Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), OMB
- Circular & Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) Compliance
- Ability to read, interpret and understand government contracts
- Solid understanding of US Government procurement procedures and protocols
- Working knowledge of indirect cost structure development & analysis
- Skilled in cost accounting to develop cost volume and proposals
- Strong proficiency in accounting software. QuickBooks preferred.
- Proficiency with payroll software.
- Proficiency with Excel and working knowledge in Outlook as well as other Microsoft
- Working knowledge of accounting processes and terminology
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations in payroll and accounting best practices
- Strong skills in mathematics
- Analytical thought and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and quality focused
- Communication proficiency, both written and verbal
- Independent drive for results
- Technical capacity
- Ability to multitask based on prioritization and time sensitivity
- Customer/client focus (both internal and external)
- Adaptability through periods of change and growth
- Ethical conduct, integrity, and trust