Passion for entrepreneurs and business in Buffalo? Love a good people challenge? Find satisfaction in helping ‘connect the dots’ and coach executives, owners, and managers on real world HR strategies?
Established in 2015, HMN Resources is an HR Advisory firm with downtown Buffalo offices overlooking the Cobblestone District! We have a passion for helping businesses of all sizes solve complex people issues in simple, coordinated, and sustainable ways for enduring success.
We are looking to add an HR Advisor, who will be a key member of our growing team to engage and support clients on HR needs under our HR Consulting service offerings.
• Thrives in a dynamic start-up environment and finds inspiration and motivation in making an impact in local business through
• Adapts to the work and environment of a growing advisory firm and varying client cultures
• Optimizes relationships with colleagues, clients and their employees, and vendors
• Navigates team and independent work seamlessly as client needs dictate
• Communicates professionally and thoroughly – ensuring understanding
• Applies creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to daily work
• Holds accuracy as a priority
• Values system, process, and lifelong learning
• Manages a portfolio of client accounts to provide HR support primarily under the HR Consulting line of service;
• Provides recommendations and support based on best practices related to people in organizations inlcuding: HR Audits, Policies,
Processes, and employee relations matters
• Ensures client understanding, including communicating the full spectrum of effect of HR decisions
• Works proactively within the scope of service delivery to set appointments and accomplish service targets
• Hybrid work environment including work from home, client sites, and the HMN office in downtown Buffalo.
HMN Resources offers generous PTO, retirement plan with 3% employer match, flexible work arrangements, individual professional development budgets, and growth opportunity!
• Aligns with HMN Core Values and Passions
• Three or more years of experience which must include handling sensitive workforce matters and bachelor’s degree in Business, HR
Management, or related field and/or HR Certification(s)
• Solid understanding of employment laws and common misapplications in the workplace
• Strong professional advisory communication skills including experience communicating directly in an advisory capacity with
management, executives, and owners of organizations.
• Experience advising on HR compliance topics to a variety of audiences
• Demonstration of skill related to the position’s Success Factors
• Appreciation for a variety of industries (construction, professional services, manufacturing, etc.)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and virtual meeting technology
• Ability to travel within the WNY region to client locations with colleagues or independently