The Human Resource Manager will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. This role is a key member of the leadership team and will work side-by-side with the team to sustain the continued growth of Ole Tyme Produce while demonstrating the six core values: leadership, trust, desire, community, excellence, and growth.
• Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
• Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
• Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and Department of Transportation; training and development.
• Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
• Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system. Advises and trains managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances. Develops further training as needed.
• Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
• Develops and implements departmental budget.
• Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
• Performs other duties as required.
Why Choose Ole Tyme Produce?
In this new critical role, you will join the Ole Tyme Produce leadership team and serve as a key resource and partner to Ole Tyme Produce managers and employees. You will have the opportunity to build the human resources infrastructure and directly support the 3-year strategic plan through hiring top talent, continuing the legacy of high employee engagement, and working side-by-side with the team to continue growing a healthy and thriving family-owned business. This is not your ordinary HR role but one that has endless opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
How to apply
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
• Ability to demonstrate the Ole Tyme Produce six core values: leadership, trust, desire, community, excellence, and growth.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
• At least five years of human resource management experience required.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.