• Act as a strategic thought partner for assigned client groups to develop and implement human resource strategy to achieve current and future business objectives.
• Influence business outcomes through credible and authentic relationships with leaders and HR colleagues in an extremely fast paced environment
• Cultivate a culture centered around driving a fantastic employee experience by leading all people and culture-related strategies for your business units
• Collaborate with Leadership to positively drive Culture by assisting with interpreting survey feedback and creating and implementing plans to impact those results.
• Partner with COE’s to support strategies on Talent, Learning and Development, Diversity and Inclusion and Total Rewards.
• Participate in your business units’ strategy process by supporting solutions to business challenges, specific skill and resource requirements, organizational structure and aligning HR programs and practices to business objectives.
• Build strong partnerships with leaders by understanding business unit strategies, current and future talent needs
• Collaborate with business leaders to form individual development plans to develop employees for key positions
• Partner with Talent Acquisition by in the interview/selection of talent and perform compensation analysis to drive competitive offers
• Communicate and assure compliance with compensation, benefits, and leave policy and programs.
• Work with business groups to manage compensation needs including collaboration with Total Rewards on annual merit and bonus processes.
• Administer performance management and succession planning processes; administer performance evaluation process for exempt and non-exempt.
• Coach and guide managers in the handling of performance issues with employees.
• Resolve team member issues and act as counsel to management and team members.
• Education: Must possess a Bachelors’ degree. MS or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 5+ years of progressive HR experience to include: HR generalist, recruiting/staffing, program/project management, and policy/process development.
• Excellent communication abilities required
• Must have strong leadership and coaching skills
• Requires experience working as a member of a leadership team
• Must have good facilitation skills: group training and organization effectiveness programs
• Able to work independently and in cross functional teams
• Able to plan and execute projects.
• Must be extremely flexible and have the ability to manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
• Must be able to generate reports/information from HR systems and use the information to guide decisions.
• Must exhibit the highest level of professionalism in dealing with confidential information.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet customer demand.
• PC skills required: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Intermittent walking to gain access to work areas
• Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities
• Vision sufficient to use a computer, to read written materials and to complete paperwork activities;
• Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals by telephone and in person
• Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Who we are.
Dendreon is making the battle against cancer personal. Founded on the belief that the immune system holds the key to the future of cancer care, Dendreon is committed to the delivery of treatments that harness the power of the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells.
If you are looking to positively impact the lives of patients, we want you to join our team. Headquartered in Seal Beach, California, and with sizable locations in Union City (Greater Atlanta), Georgia and Seattle, Washington, as well as countrywide Commercial and Medical Science Liaisons teams, we have a diverse offering of exciting opportunities.
What we do.
Vision – Pioneering the future of immunotherapy.
Mission – Making the battle against cancer personal through immunotherapy treatments that extend lives.
How we do it.
The Dendreon Way. We are a purpose-driven, value-based culture. At Dendreon, we…
• Put Patients First. Every day is a new opportunity to improve the lives of patients living with cancer.
• Act with Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation.
• Build Trust: Building trust takes time. Engage teammates, be candid and transparent.
• Raise the Bar: Harness continuous improvement, foster innovation and elevate our people.
• Drive Results. Be accountable and execute – we win when everyone performs.
Primed for Growth – Contract/Partner Manufacturing Business Unit
Dendreon has been working in the cellular immunotherapy space for over 10 years and brings all the experiences that comes with developing a complex manufacturing process from clinical development through to consistent commercial production. Dendreon is unmatched in its patient logistics/operational functions, manufacturing excellence in cellular therapies and commercial sales team for cellular immunotherapies. Given this expertise, we plan to leverage these strengths to grow Dendreon’s pipeline of products initially through contract manufacturing for partners and then patient operations and eventually commercial sales.
Are you Ready?
Our high-performing organization challenges, develops, and rewards employees interested in pushing past typical career limitations. If you are passionate about helping patients and looking for a unique career opportunity, view our open positions to apply or refer a friend today.
Job Summary: The Manager, Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) will serve as a key business partner to specific members of Dendreon’s Leadership Team (VP+), the site’s senior leadership team (SLT), and the site. This role will leverage the HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s), such as Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Compliance, and Coordination to serve the business with all items that are HR related. This person will be part of a high performing HR team and contribute/lead HR projects.
Dendreon is an Equal Employment Opportunity F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can send your resume to Angalisa.email@example.com or you can call us at +1-562-252-7500.Apply for this job online