The Village of Tinley Park (population of over 57,000) seeks a Full-time Human Resources Director. This position works under the direction of the Village Manager and provides direction on a range of management-related matters, including but not limited to: human resource administration, benefits administration, department and personnel budget preparation, employee training programs, and risk management. The position is a part of Village Administration and oversees the Deputy Human Resource Director.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
• Considerable knowledge of Human Resources Administration, Labor/Employee Relations, and Public Administration.
• Thorough knowledge of Employment and Labor Laws, including but not limited to: COBRA, EEOC, ADA, FMLA, etc.
• Modern personnel management practices, policies, and procedures used in recruitment and selection, job classification and compensation, development, and administration
• Ability to be flexible, creative, decisive, and exercise sound judgment in order to assist others in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Village officials, employees, and the public; solicit and apply customer feedback (internal and external) in order to improve processes, products, and services.
• Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) Agent Certification expected to be obtained for management of pension benefits
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, or a closely related field;
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible human resources related experience, preferably in the public sector;
• OR any combination of education, experience, and training that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license; and
• Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
Application Process: Interested candidates should complete an Application for Employment online at www.tinleypark.org under Employment Opportunities. Attached to the completed application, please submit a cover letter, resume, copy of College diploma, and any other documentation relevant to candidacy.Apply for this job online