DiBella’s Subs takes pride in being a restaurant industry leader and serving every guest the best sub they’ve ever had. What started as a one restaurant operation in Rochester, NY, has blossomed into a growing, family-owned company with 40+ restaurants across five states. As more growth is on the horizon, we are looking to add exceptional team members to our Restaurant Support Center based out of Rochester, NY.
If you’re a self-starter and a team player who is passionate about helping a growing brand succeed, we look forward to hearing from you!
Human Resource Generalist
Summary: Human Resource Generalist maintains the daily functions of the Human Resource department including restaurant employee relations, recruiting, benefits, leave of absence, and enforcing company policies and procedures.
Career Experience Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Facilitates restaurant employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Assists with restaurant management recruiting including reviewing applications and initial interviews when needed.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verification’s.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concept of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, HRIS Systems, Training Platforms.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Attention to detail skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and as a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the Human Resource Generalist, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk/hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; ability to see color; and ability to adjust focus.\
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed outdoor weather.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DiBella’s Subs in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are the brand we are because we have always taken the road less traveled.
We don’t cut corners and we don’t rush the process of creating the perfect sub. Crafting the perfect sub is not easy. It takes pride and a commitment to striving for perfection. Baking our bread is done with pride and an intense attention to detail when done correctly. We cut our meats every day because we take pride in the freshness and flavor that results. We have pride in treating every guest as family, because no guest should experience anything less than that. Doing anything worthwhile in life must be done with passion and pride. And, that is a fundamental truth of DiBella’s. Every sub we make for our guests is the most important sub we’ve ever made and it will be made with pride.Apply for this job online