Oregon Freeze Dry has a current opening for a Human Resources Generalist in Henrietta, NY. This position is responsible for a broad range of activities in Human Resources, including recruiting and retention, benefit and leave administration, and all aspects of general office support.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible to attract and find qualified, diversified candidates through insightful sourcing techniques, building rapport, and effectively screening prospective employees, while matching candidates’ skills with departmental and business needs.
• Uses and interprets various assessment methods in order to make the most valid and reliable decision about a candidate’s fit to the company, team, and job.
• Coordinates all aspects of recruiting process including, interviews, assessments, pre-employment screening, onboarding, etc.
• Administers health and wellness programs and benefits for employees.
• Researches and communicates answers to benefit/leave related questions.
• Completes necessary general office duties, including, but not limited to filing, copying, compiling packets and new personnel folders, etc.
• Coordinates with others in HR to develop, interpret and administer policies and programs.
• Create, initiate, accomplish and support objectives guided by company and department mission and vision.
• Clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, HR mission, vision and strategy.
• Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with company leaders and employees, fostering teamwork while establishing trust and good rapport.
• Works in conjunction with cooperate office in Albany, OR to maintain fair and consistent company practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or related certification. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree or certification.
• Two years’ generalist experience.
• Understanding of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to recruiting and employment practices.
• Understanding of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining leave and benefit practices
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Proficiency in HRIS and ATS (Human Resources information system and applicant tracking system). ADP experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion to apply knowledge to variable situations.
• Ability and willingness to participate in continuous improvement of department procedures and processes.
Depends on experience
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending, incentive bonus program, short term disability, vacation pay, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, paid volunteer opportunities and more!
Individuals expressing interest in this opening may be provided a job description outline detailing the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. Candidates may be required to participate in personal interviews and other evaluation processes. Criminal background checks may be completed on all applicants. Drug free work place including all forms of THC.Apply for this job online