In partnership with HR Leadership, the successful candidate will provide human resource guidance to employees and supervisors while coordinating, administering and communicating assigned Hillside protocols and programs in accordance with all government regulations, plan documents policies and procedures. This position exercises independent judgment and decision making while producing and maintaining a variety of related records and reports per established protocols. while actively responds with sensitivity and appropriate sense of urgency to the needs of all employees.
• Manage and coordinate situations to support the safety of all employees, youth and families, while keeping supervisors and leaders informed as appropriate. Apply pay practices to support each case as appropriate under the various pay policies and regulations. Participate in development of protocols, processes and communication to educate, inform and care for our employees.
• Interface with management, team leaders, employees and vendors and will serve as a link between management and employees by being handling questions, interpreting, and administering HR required processes and work-related problems.
• Administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training operations, performance and talent management, recruitment/employment, on-boarding, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
• Participate in surveys and bench-marking activities. Responsible for developing and maintaining thorough documented procedures. Maintain hard copy and electronic records in a well-organized, intuitive and retrievable fashion.
• This job description is not exhaustive. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years transferrable and direct Human Resources experience required, 6-8 years preferred
Bachelor’s degree required, Associates degree will be considered with 6+ years’ experience. Successful candidate will be detail oriented and must possess effective organization, time management, interpersonal and communication skills. This is an employee facing position and requires heavy employee relationship fostering.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all employment laws and practices keeping in mind funder requirements as they relate to Agency standards and policies.
• Demonstrates a solid understanding of HR operational processes and HRIS functionality while maintaining employee legal and regulatory compliance.
• Developed problem solving skills using a variety of methods to solve problems; probes all sources for answers; can see hidden problems and solve with effective solutions
• This position has the ability to handle sensitive, complex, and confidential information.
Hillside Family of Agencies provides comprehensive health, education, and human services for children and families whose challenges threaten their ability to realize their full potential.
We are guided by a deeply held belief that healthy children and strong families with opportunities to succeed are the foundation of a thriving community. For over 180 years, Hillside has put this belief into practice by partnering with people in communities across New York and Maryland to help them address and overcome life’s complex challenges.
Hillside is committed to delivering the right care, in the right setting, to ensure success — whether in residential treatment, schools, homes or the workplace, Every year more than 13,000 youth, adults and families benefit from over 100 coordinated programs that provide comprehensive, cradle- to-career services in areas including child welfare, mental health, youth development, family development, juvenile justice, special education, developmental disabilities and safety net services. Hillside has been and will continue to be a partner and resource to the families and communities we serve, each and every day.Apply for this job online