Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc. is looking for a Human Resources (HR) Administrator to support the day-to-day activities of our Human Resources department. As the HR Administrator you will provide vital support for the Human Resources operations function. In this role, you will be part of a team-oriented, fast-paced environment supporting team members at all Seiler Instrument locations including St. Louis, Kansas City, Omaha, Chicago, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Lansing and Detroit. Little to no travel is required.
HR Administrator responsibilities include updating employee records and assisting in payroll preparation. The HR team works together on projects throughout the year to balance one another and provide a supportive environment. We are a small group responsible for many functions so clear and consistent communication among team members is vital. We depend on one another to make sure we have a clear message to all staff members. Ultimately, by assisting in our company’s HR functions, you will help create a great working environment.
Primary duties include:
Maintain all HR related files in both electronic and paper formats
Handle the administrative aspects of Human Resources including attendance, insurance enrollments, anniversary awards, announcement distributions, and data entry into our computer systems
Support the Payroll and Time/Attendance process along with overseeing the daily labor reporting process
Support the on-boarding process by preparing documentation and assisting with orientations, including processing and distributing paperwork
Interact with employees from all levels within the company, by responding to questions, lending assistance with work-related issues and/or directing employees to appropriate sources for assistance
Provide back-up assistance for various office tasks
Assist with coordinating the ID badge process
Qualification for this position include:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; some college level education beneficial
• Work related experience with Microsoft Office is required with Intermediate level Excel knowledge preferred
• Candidates must demonstrate close attention to detail with the ability to critically review items for appropriateness
• General office and/or Human Resources related experience with the ability to use phone, computer and general office equipment
• Individual must practice strict confidentiality and discretion, regarding Payroll & Human Resources information
• Prior experience with a payroll processing system a plus, but not required.