JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Assistant provides clerical and technical support to the Human Resource team of Episcopal SeniorLife Communities.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Total Rewards Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ensures benefit procedures are documented and benefit policies are administered appropriately.
• Conducts employee meetings and arranges for enrollment of employees in optional plans.
• Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
• Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees including executives.
• Manages annual open enrollment period during the 4th quarter of each year. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within specified deadlines.
• Reconciles monthly health insurance, accidental death and dismemberment and life insurance bills. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll, and the company. Completes reports for management, as requested.
• Responsible for all data input into HRIS system including but not limited to onboarding, new hires, terminations and status changes.
• Run reports as needed including any monthly reports
• Responsible for onboarding to include but not limited to background checks, setting up physicals, fingerprinting and the Department of Health Criminal History Record Check process.
• Support the Talent Engagement Specialist team by communicating in a timely fashion any issues within the recruitment and/or the pre-employment processes.
• Organize and manage the preparation of monthly new hire orientation classes for the organization, to include ensuring an adequate supply of orientation packets, presenters are lined up and confirmed to attend, IT is notified to set-up the audio/visual needs, lunch is ordered and room set up is appropriate.
• Maintain all Personnel files and I-9 files according to regulations in a timely manner.
• Maintain list of license expiration dates for all licensed employees and notify employees of expiration dates. Ensure licensure of all nursing, social work, physical therapy, occupational therapy new hires.
• Prepares and distributes monthly birthday list of all ESLC staff.
• All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. Must have excellent computer skills. (Excel, Microsoft Office, Human Resources software programs). Ability to interact courteously and tactfully. Good organizational skills and ability to handle confidential information.
EDUCATION: A minimum of an Associate degree with emphasis in Human Resources or equivalent Human Resources experience related to the duties and responsibility of the position.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in Human Resources.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires prolonged sitting, occasional walking and standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may/will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors, in a normal office environment. Employee may be exposed temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: The work is performed within established guidelines, and requires periodic supervision. The employee exercises some initiative and independent judgment to effectively perform the essential job duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS: The employee has no direct responsibility for others.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Shall be fully acquainted with all safety policies and procedures of the Church Home. Takes an active role in all fire drills during the shift and/or emergencies for internal and external disasters as monitored by supervisor and incident manager. Must comply with facility in-service requirements.
Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the organization, residents, participants, family and staff, that may be encountered, either formally or informally, during the normal course of business. This includes medical and treatment records, financial and human resources information.
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.Apply for this job online