We are seeking a detailed, organized Human Resources Business Partner for a long-term contract opportunity supporting a well-established organization in Orange County!
The Human Resources Business Partner serves as a strategic business partner to several business groups by providing HR support contributing to the achievement of strategic and tactical goals and objectives. The Human Resources Business Partner acts as the primary HR contact for assigned business units in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management and training. In addition, works closely with business units and management teams, providing strategic HR consultation to optimize people, structure, process and culture, with the goal of achieving business results.
The HR Business Partner will be responsible to:
• Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the organization’s current needs and future direction in order to ensure business decisions take into account the people implications (culture, employee retention, employee development, etc.) and minimize company exposure.
• Participates in strategic meetings with management and employees to gain and offer HR insight on business and operational challenges.
• Partners with managers and/or HR Talent Mgt. to ensure staffing needs are met including recruitment strategy, interviews and making recommendations throughout the recruitment process. Continues support throughout the onboarding process and employee orientation.
• Work with divisional management to develop & implement succession plan and internal movement & development plan for their staff members
• Work with divisional management to identify issues, analyze data and develop and implement effective plans for resolution. Data include exit interviews, performance counseling, employee satisfaction surveys, employee turnover, etc.
• Handle all administrative duties and responsibilities as needed or required as it relates to internal movements, compensation changes, additional HRIS updates and ad hoc reporting.
• Take leadership role in working with divisional management as HR & business consultant in the areas of performance management, employee relations matters, employee engagement, compensation planning, organizations training & development needs & implementation of HR related programs.
The HR Business Partner Qualifications and Other Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of Human Resources experience with 3 or more years as an HR Generalist.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with variety of employee relations issues including investigations and driving to appropriate resolution.
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP/SHRM SCP Certification is highly desired.
• A demonstrated knowledge & experience in providing strategic H.R. support and ability to formulate and implement innovative
• Experience with internal employee investigations
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate, influence, negotiate, resolve conflicts, and effectively coach both
management and non-management.
• Ability to build relationships with management and customers.
• Demonstrate ability to provide high level of integrity/ trust and provide sound advice and guidance.
• A demonstrated ability to drive Human Resources strategies and programs.
• Must possess a technical knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be an organized, results-oriented individual with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Outstanding verbal, listening and written communication skills.
• Must be proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
• Must be proficient with applicant tracking systems & HRIS.
• Experience with ADP HRB is preferred.
Founded in 1972, Helpmates of California was reformed in 1980 as Trust Temporary Services, Inc. dba Helpmates Staffing Services (Helpmates) and is a California Corporation. Over the past 47 years, Helpmates has grown into one of the largest, most well-respected staffing services in Southern California, staffing over 250,000 positions in a vast category of industries, organizations and governmental agencies.Apply for this job online