Liberty Pumps is a Inc. 5000 company and perennial Rochester Top 100 company, which designs and manufactures wastewater pumps and products, and specializes in pre-assembled systems. Headquartered in Bergen, NY, Liberty Pumps is a leading U.S. manufacturer of pumping products for ground water and wastewater removal in residential and commercial applications.
We are an Employee Stock Ownership Plan company where team members enjoy a great working environment, competitive pay, and an excellent benefit package including paid time off and health insurance. For more information, please visit https://www.libertypumps.com/Employment-Opportunities.
The Human Resources Coordinator assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department functions and duties. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, organization development, executive administration, and employment.
- Maintains Compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Assists members and supervisor with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Participates in the recruitment of new Members, applications, interviews, on-boarding, development.
- Manages Member leave requirements, STD, FMLA, PFL, etc.
- Reviews, tracts, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training and education.
- Participates in planning and execution of Liberty Pumps sponsored events.
- Develop and maintain an open, professional working relationship with necessary Liberty Pumps members, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries related to the Human Resource Department.
- Responsible for fostering a positive company and brand image.
- Help to drive department process improvements.
- Train as backup to other HR positions within the department.
- Able to work well in a team environment and diverse group settings.
- You will be expected to operate according to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Held responsible and accountable to follow safety guidelines, maintain a clean and organized work area and use good safety judgement. Expected to report all unsafe activities and conditions to Supervisor and/or Safety Representative.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong people skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Organizational skills and being able to remain flexible at all times are necessary.
- Ability to read, write, edit, analyze and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, general business documents.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously. Willing to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, capable of taking direction as well as working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure such as working through an employment situation.
- Associate degree (AA) or Bachelor’s degree (BA) in field related to Human Resources or Business Administration, preferred.
- 3+ years working experience in related field.