POSITION: Human Resources Coordinator
DIVISION: Business Affairs
REPORTS TO: Chief Human Resources Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
WXXI is looking for a dynamic Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience as a Human Resources Assistant or Human Resources Coordinator. In this role, the Human Resources Coordinator partners with the Chief Human Resources Officer on several Human Resources, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion duties.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Human Resources, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. The Human Resources Coordinator will support efforts to develop a creative and effective workforce. The Human Resources Coordinator will perform professional and advanced administrative work in all aspects of the Human Resources Department and assists the Business Affairs Department as needed.
• Post job openings for all open positions for WXXI, The Little Theatre, and CITY Newspaper and track job boards/placement of postings for annual reporting
• Screen applications/resumes and forward qualified candidate information to hiring managers for administrative, entry level and mid-level management positions
• Coordinate and schedule interviews, providing hiring manager and applicants with proper paperwork
• Check references, create new hire letters for signature, and send out new hire packages
• Enter all new hires in payroll system and assist in the new hire orientation process
• Back up to Controller, and CFO for processing payroll as needed
• Create new hire personnel folders and purge as necessary
• Conduct exit and stay interviews
• Track employee performance reviews, and other mandated trainings for example: Sexual Harassment and Unconscious Bias training
• Assist the CHRO with human resources tasks and projects: open enrollment planning, FCC/EEO reporting
• Attend job fairs and represent WXXI/CITY/Little in a professional manner
• Assist the CHRO with the NYSBA broadcast internship program, Princeton summer internship program, and job shadow programs with area colleges and high schools.
• Create Internship database and ensure participation in internship programs handling process: distributing applications to managers for review, coordination of interviews, and creating internship offer letters.
• Participate in planning, execution of organizational celebrations, morale builders and staff events (Employee luncheons, Employee appreciation, holiday parties)
• Assist in the planning of the All-Staff meetings
• Assist Executive VP & GM and Controller with payroll updates related to merit increases
• Participate in membership drives and other station events, as required.
• Monitor the recycle bins and vending machines
• Record and post meeting minutes in the neighborhood and/or Teams for the Manager meetings
• Other division and department duties as assigned.
• Participate in and join the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
• Partner with DEI Council co-chairs to coordinate, lead and manage listening sessions
• Build strong relationships with all employees by developing a deep understanding of the organization’s workforce diversity, equity and inclusiveness initiatives.
• Lead or assist in special projects related to HR and DEI as necessary
• Be a champion of change as it relates to fostering an environment and culture that supports Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Educational and Skills Requirements:
• Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant field such as human resources, education, organizational development.
• 1-3 years’ experience in the areas of Human Resources, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and/or learning and development with increasing levels of responsibility and scope.
• Program management skills – including managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track and excellent time management
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally
• Display strong customer service skills, responding to employees matters timely and knowing when to escalate up to the CHRO
• Ability to adapt and handle change, delays or unexpected events.
• Ability to interact with a diverse group of employees, using a calm, tactful, discreet and effective approach, and responding appropriately and professionally to the situation
• High-level of personal integrity, emotional intelligence and confidentiality
• Strong attention to detail, entering and reviewing data efficiently and accurately
• Ability to work independently, be flexible and adjust to department demands
• Intermediate to advance computer skills: Microsoft Office products, email, and related business and communication tools
WXXI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression, carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.Apply for this job online