Carmel Partners is a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in the investment and development of multifamily real estate. Our mission is to build and enhance high-quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions that create value for our investors, residents, and associates.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a critical member of the HR Team, taking care of Carmel employees by providing prompt, professional service at every stage of their careers with us. With a broad set of responsibilities that foster team success and employee development and wellbeing, the HR Coordinator will have an opportunity to learn and deepen their expertise in most HR disciplines, including recruiting & onboarding; training & development; employee assistance & relations; HR systems & reporting; and employee communications & engagement.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Who you are
Your idea of a great day at work is helping your teammates perform at their best. Whether you do that by explaining benefits options at open enrollment, delivering a great orientation that gets a group of new hires up and running quickly, or analyzing a training survey, you are committed to giving your best and learning how HR can be better.
You catch the small details that others miss and can easily prioritize a variety of different tasks and projects. You know that your attitude is as important to making Carmel a great place to work as your creativity and efficiency.
You’re interested in learning all the different HR specialties and committed to continuous improvement for yourself, your HR Team, and the organization.
What you’ll do
- Recruiting & Onboarding
- Post Carmel openings & updates on Carmel’s website, LinkedIn & Glassdoor
- Process pre-hire screens, assessments, and skills tests
- Streamline, enhance, and deliver orientation processes & training
- Draft and publish monthly announcements celebrating new hires
- Training & Development
- Gather and prioritize feedback about the demand for new training content
- Advertise learning and development programs
- Manage enrollment/attendance at in-person and online programs
- Orchestrate the logistics, food & fun for live classroom programs
- Employee Assistance & Relations
- Respond to employee questions and concerns, live, via email, and on the phone
- Organize and maintain accurate employee files/records
- Administer Workers’ Compensation claims
- Assist with benefits programs, employee relations, and separations, when needed
- HR Systems (HRIS), Data & Reporting
- Process HR transactions and status changes
- Verify employment on behalf of employees
- Analyze people data and produce custom reports that provide critical business insights
- Employee Communications & Engagement
- Develop and maintain a calendar of regular, recurring HR communications, along with a library of communications templates for those updates
- Work with the various HR leaders to enhance the creativity and communications platforms used to ensure that messages are timely, informative, engaging, and easy to find
- Manage employee recognition gifts, such as service awards, baby care packages, get well and condolences, etc.
- Support a variety of employee surveys
- Budgetary & Legal Compliance
- Reconcile vendor invoices against budgets and ensure timely submission for payment
- Ensure legal compliance of state and federal regulations, and applicable employment laws
- Manage labor law posters for all locations annually and more frequently as needed
- Produce annual OSHA logs for all construction and corporate locations
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other closely related fields
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is a plus
- 2-3 years of professional Human Resources experience
- Impeccable integrity, customer-focused attitude, and high level of professionalism
- Experience treating personal, private, and company confidential information with care and discretion
- Prior experience administering leaves of absence and workers compensation claims
- Strong knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
- Strong process orientation, with an eye for workflows, systems, and details
- Organized and thorough with follow-up
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Fluency with one or more HRIS platforms—familiarity with UltiPro a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of DocuSign, Survey Monkey, HireRight, Concur, is also a plus
Your Compensation & Benefits:
Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. Total compensation for this role also includes a bonus incentive in addition to the base salary.
Benefits play a key role in your choice of employer. Our portfolio of health benefits, time off benefits, paid parental leave, and wellness programs and perks are designed to ensure that you are healthy and comfortable.
Hiring during Covid -19: Many of our corporate recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic via Zoom, as we are working in a hybrid work-from-home/office environment until further notice.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse team rooted in a culture of mutual respect. We know that our differences make us stronger as an organization and we embrace equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.Apply for this job online