Job Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this position is expected to grow and advance during our strategic Human Resources reorganization over the next few years. At this time, the Generalist will be a key player in the implementation of NEOGOV our new Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and become a super-user of the system. This is also a hands-on position that will participate in all aspects of the operations of the SBU HR office including day-to-day support, talent acquisition; benefits administration; HR analytics, data tracking and reconciliation; required insurance filings, employee communications and training; and employee relations and inquiries.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources or closely related field. PHR or SHRM certification and experience in education or higher-education also preferred.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the job posting process by ensuring job descriptions/postings are accurate and current, jobs are posted and applications are forwarded to University stakeholders.
- Manage the on-boarding process including meeting with employees, gathering and processing required forms such as payroll documentation, applications, policy acknowledgements, etc.
- Prepare orientation materials and conduct new employee orientations. Explain University procedures and benefits to employees.
- Ensure compensation and benefits are competitive and consistent with University policies.
- Respond to employee and others’ inquiries regarding postings, benefits, policies and procedures.
- Reconcile billing and remittance statements for retirement accounts, health, dental, and vision insurances, life and long-term disability benefits. Ensure payment is processed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate short-term disability programs and ensure all information is completed. Track employee’s leave length and request medical information and doctor’s updates as required.
- Coordinate University worker’s compensation program and ensure all documentation is completed.
- Coordinate annual staff and administrator performance evaluation review process.
- Lead and execute annual benefits open enrollment tasks, events and communications.
- Communicate to retirees and Continuation participants of program changes and payments.
- Coordinate campus events including awards ceremonies and information sessions with representatives from TIAA-CREF, benefits providers and other associated representatives and stakeholders.
- Facilitate the leave programs including processing documentation (FMLA, PFL, Disability, etc.) as needed, including informing appropriate offices.
- Respond to employee issues and grievances within scope and escalate those or others as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements/government reporting regulations affecting HR.
- Assist with annual employment contracting, salary increases, employee census and survey reporting.
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Bonaventure is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity educational institution. It is guided by the principle that equal opportunity means more than equal employment opportunity, and that access to facilities and services shall be available to all people regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression. This principle is applicable to every member of the St. Bonaventure community, both students and employed personnel at every level, and to all facilities and services.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with St. Bonaventure University requires successful completion of a background screening.