Carries out various responsibilities in functional areas of human resources including but not limited to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, benefits, employee relations, labor relations, policies and procedures, performance management, and compliance.
- Assist with the recruitment of employees and temporary workers by posting advertisements, sourcing and screening resumes, securing internal approvals, coordinating with external employment agencies, scheduling interviews for leaders, participating in interviews, conducting background verifications, authorizing physicals, etc. Performs onboarding activities including preparing offer letters, distributing new hire paperwork, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Assists with benefits administration and annual open enrollment activities.
- Prepares annual EEO-1 and Vets compliance reporting for Federal filing and AAP record keeping.
- Maintains current knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions.
- Advises employees and leaders regarding the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Maintains employee data in human resources system by entering new hires, changes, separations, etc.
- Maintains human resources forms, tools and other information on the Company Intranet and distributes hardcopy as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews with voluntarily separating employees.
- Oversees DOT compliance including DOT audits, annual driver license review, quarterly randoms, file maintenance, etc.
- Oversees I-9 administration including E-Verify and I-9 audits.
- Coordinates and/or conducts various training and development initiatives relative to human resources.
- Maintains information for Employee Handbook and updates as necessary for distribution to employees via the MLC Intranet whenever feasible and via hardcopy as needed.
- Assists with various HR functions and/or projects such as performance reviews, wage surveys, investigations, etc.
- Employees are expected to perform other responsibilities as needed.
Education/Experience: Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field with at least three years of direct experience. Working knowledge of Human Capital Management System (HCM) and payroll systems is a plus.
Skills: Strong computer skills using MS Office suite of products required.
Behaviors: Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of people within our fast-paced organization required. Must have strong judgment skills as well as the ability to think ahead, prepare action plans to achieve results, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Mississippi Lime is a world-class producer of calcium products including quicklime, hydrated lime, calcium carbonate and precipitated calcium carbonate. For over 100 years, Mississippi Lime has been producing products from one of the richest limestone reserves in the world and today supplies product throughout North America and the world from over twelve plants and terminals.Apply for this job online