Spectrum Brands, a Home Essentials Company™, is a leading provider of household items that enhance and simplify home life in areas that people are passionate about. From your pets, the garden, your kitchen and meals, to trusted hardware products on the home itself, Spectrum Brands delivers innovation and great experiences to products we touch and use every day.
The Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands, located in Orange County, CA, is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. We have a history and reputation of blending trend-leading designs with game-changing innovation to deliver an exceptional consumer experience, earning #1 market share on most of our lines. If you’re passionate about home improvement—and maybe have a pin board or two of design ideas on your favorite app—this may be a great place for you.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for driving the implementation, administration, training, tracking and communication of all human resources policies and programs including performance management, talent management, employee relations and HR-related compliance. This position will work closely with all levels and various functions of the organization and will support all HHI Functions and HR Leaders with Generalist duties & responsibilities.
This role affords the flexibility for an employee to split their work time between the Lake Forest, CA Spectrum Brands office and a dedicated home office.
Primary Duties & Responsibilites
- Participate in employee relations activity. In conjunction with the HR leader, the HR Generalist will assist in management of investigations of employee relations cases, Code of Conduct violations, and make recommendations for resolutions and ensure appropriate documentation occurs.
- Practice and guide managers in consideration of employment law and regulations. Ensures investigations are conducted in a professional manner, compliant with all relevant local, state and federal laws, and that all parties involved are treated with dignity and respect.
- Play a key role in providing back up and direction to the Employment Services department. This includes, but is not limited do, assisting with the performance, productivity and effectiveness of the organization’s employment programs & systems such as the Applicant Tracking System, on-boarding systems, & internship programs. Conduct employment searches, screens, and interviews when applicable and necessary. Work with temporary and third party firms as needed. Maintain job description data base for designated client groups, coordinate completion of job duty questionnaires with managers, draft job descriptions according to standardized company template. Partner with Talent Acquisition to support full time and temporary staffing needs.
- Assist with organization design and development activity. In conjunction with the HR Leader, the HR Generalist will participate in organization structure activity and movement. In addition, this position will support the performance, productivity and effectiveness of the organization for programs such as performance management, career pathing, succession planning, and organizational design and development. This position will assist with the facilitation of the development of programs and solutions (from a HR perspective) to help support and respond to business needs. Assist HR leader with analyzing data on employee turnover, employee satisfaction surveys, exit interviews and other metrics in order to enhance and improve HR programs and services. Partner with Hiring Managers for New Hire Onboarding and conduct 90 Day Check-Ins to improve new hire experience.
- Provide management and employee counseling. The HR Generalist will participate and assist with coaching and counseling of employees and management. This may include, but is not limited to, performance discussions, career guidance, and other HR related areas. The HR Generalist will be responsible for handling highly confidential case assignments and projects related to employee relation issues including investigations, facilitating disciplinary meetings, and providing consultative advice. This includes building relationships with management and employees, conducting and documenting investigative interviews and case conversations.
- Participate with the implementation of HR related policies and procedures. This position will be responsible for ensuring effective communication of these policies to the organization. The position will also be responsible for updating and ensuring all policies and procedures comply with current employment laws and practices.
- Collaborate with the Compensation Department and Department leader to recommend compensation adjustments for new hires, employees who are promoted, moving into special development roles and those moving into new positions due to reorganization. Create compensation request forms and promotion letters for internal promotions.
- Support the Customer and Consumer Service organizations as a business partner, included but not limited to performance appraisal process, regular coaching activities, train and support managers as necessary in the development, coaching, and discipline of employees. Effectively drive deadlines and on time PM.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree, HR Professional (PHR) certification, or related work experience.
- 2-4 years relevant HR experience.
- Prior experience supporting general and administrative functions in a headquarters environment desirable.
Working conditions are typical for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Apply for this job online