The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for providing HR support in the areas of team member relations, performance management, benefit and leave administration, policy interpretation and enforcement, coaching and collaboration with mangers, and compliance/employment law.
The ideal candidate will embody our company’s Non-Negotiables:
- Walk in Humble Confidence – We are experts at what we do, but we never assume we know everything.
- Be Open, Honest and Respectful – We say what has to be said in a tactful, courteous way.
- Be Fearless – We never fail, we only learn.
- We are One Team – We achieve more together by collaboration and consensus.
- Delivery on Commitments – We do what we say we will do.
- We have a Passion to Serve – We are dedicated, hardworking individuals who provide exceptional service to our customers and to each other.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Interact daily with employees, supervisors, and management on HR-related matters. Assist and coach managers on resolving team member relations issues. Provide guidance on performance issues and problem solving.
- Conduct or participate in investigations related to employee relations issues or complaints.
- Understand company policies and have ability to work with managers and team members to ensure they are followed.
- Support and guide employees and supervisors on process and responsibilities related to people processes and procedures.
- Preparation and/or coordination of required compliance materials and reporting for EEOC, OSHA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment claims, worker’s compensation, etc.
- Assist with benefit administration, employee changes, plan changes, employee communications and annual renewal process.
- Manages leave of absence including, FMLA, WC, LOA, reasonable accommodation(s) or any other state specific leaves.
- Assist in the development of processes related to the team member life cycle.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Collaborate with other department members to identify, design, and implement HR related projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of related HR experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or equivalent experience
- Professional Human Resources certification (PHR/SPHR or CP/SCP)
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Strong project management skills
- Superior customer service skills, including the ability to create relationships across multiple locations with the ability to meet challenging customer requirements and deadlines with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Evident practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Analytical and research ability
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully contribute to the strategic direction of the dept through innovation and continuous improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs