The Human Resources Mergers & Acquisitions Lead will lead all Experian North America HR merger, acquisition, joint venture and divestiture activities, including end-to-end due diligence, integration planning and integration execution. This role will lead a cross-functional HR team to achieve the stated business objectives of each deal and will coordinate all M&A activities with internal and target stakeholders. This role does not have any direct reports but will project-lead cross-functional teams on a deal-by-deal basis and will establish Experian HR’s M&A center of excellence. This role reports to the SVP Total Rewards.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads due diligence efforts by analyzing target’s human resources information to determine risk factors, similarities/differences between Experian HR policies/practices/services, cultural considerations, people costs and retention strategies.
- In partnership with the business unit HRBPs, collaborates across functional workstreams (Corporate Development, Commercial, Finance, Legal, IT) and executive leadership in support of successful and cost-effective due diligence and integration activities.
- Delivers risk mitigation, cost and workforce integration recommendations while providing thought-leadership to help drive effective people strategies during the M&A process.
- Completes and is responsible for overall HR due diligence findings, recommendations/decisions, and integration costs. Articulates and defends findings to internal stakeholders and third-party deal insurance underwriters.
- Partners with business unit HRBPs and functional specialists on employee integration activities including communications, retention strategy/execution, employee information sessions and total rewards integration.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and HR Operations to ensure seamless coordination of employee and contingent worker on-boarding and open requisition migration.
- Develops and maintains guiding principles, process documents, project plans, templates and checklists used during the M&A process.
Runs retrospective sessions with internal stakeholders to determine areas for improvement.
- Drives M&A skills development within the Experian HR team.
- Manages third-party due diligence suppliers as needed.
- Partners with global M&A and HR teams to provide best practices guidance as needed.
- Supports other HR and Total Rewards initiatives and programs as needed.
7+ years of experience directly involved in corporate M&A activity, including end-to-end HR due diligence and integration, with strong business and financial acumen. Preferred candidate will have hands-on Total Rewards experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Finance or a related field is preferred.
- Expert-level understanding and application of U.S. Human Resources legislation (including local labor law), regulations and best/competitive practices, particularly in the technology or financial/business services industry.
- Ability to make sound due diligence and integration decisions using incomplete or disparate data, strong analytics, and creativity with limited guidance from senior management.
- Ability to assess and understand a target’s workforce culture and its impact on deal integration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple transactions and priorities against aggressive timelines, while being mindful of other deal team members’ priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence employees and executives at all levels in support of your due diligence and integration recommendations.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear messaging to a variety of audiences, including strong professional and interpersonal communication skills.
- Expert-level project management skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.