Human Resources Manager, Oak Creek, WI (pop. 36,497). Located along the western shore of Lake Michigan, Oak Creek is in the midst of a development boom and is one of the fastest growing cities in Milwaukee County. In two decades, the City’s population grew over 25 percent, and substantial growth is projected into the future. Adding vibrancy and a sense of place to the community, the City’s Drexel Town Square features a significant mixed-use development anchored by a civic center plaza, City Hall and Library facility.
The City is seeking a Human Resources Manager with strong skills to manage a broad range of personnel services. The City’s Human Resources management division oversees all responsibilities related to recruitment, retention, employee development, workplace safety, risk mitigation, benefits education and management, workplace culture, among many other human resource functions.
Oak Creek is a full-service municipality including Police, Fire/EMS, Engineering, DPW (streets, parks and forestry), Water & Sewer, Community Development, Library, Recreation, Health, Finance and Central Services. The City has more than 350 full-time and part-time employees and three unions. The HR Manager position reports to the Assistant City Administrator/Comptroller.
An energetic professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills, the next Human Resources Manager will be approachable, pragmatic and forward-thinking.
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
- Possess a passion for public service, and preferably have government HR, labor relations and contract negotiation experience.
- Have a commitment to high professional standards founded in a solid understanding of contemporary personnel administration and accompanied by a commonsensical and non-bureaucratic frame of mind.
- Have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
Candidates should also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources, public administration, business administration or related field.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP credentials and/or a Master’s degree, are a plus.
- Five to seven years’ experience in personnel administration, ideally in a municipal government setting, but not required.
The starting salary range is $95,000 – 100,000 +/- DOQ. Candidates should apply by March 18, 2022 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240 EXT 103. The City of Oak Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply for this job online