We are a non-profit organization and are hiring an HR Generalist to oversee the day-to-day support of the Human Resources (HR) function. The individual performing this job should be well organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and possess excellent communication skills.
Must be resourceful, collaborative, adaptable, and able to work independently. Must have superior verbal and written communication skills with writing and reading professionalism. Must have a firm understanding of human resources best practices, federal and California state law.
The ideal candidate is someone who likes to learn on the job, enjoys working on a wide variety of tasks, and brings a foundation of at least 4 years of prior HR experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administration of organization-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated organization objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
• Assists in assessing HR organizational processes and identifying areas of improvement.
• Responsible for payroll setup and maintenance in the payroll system (Paylocity).
• Recruits and interviews candidates; provides leadership with hiring recommendations.
• Designs and executes programs to attract qualified candidates through the design and placement of position announcements, advertising, and/or participation in job fairs.
• Coordinate and carry out the hiring process, including but not limited to conducting background and reference checks, negotiating salary offers, and issuing job confirmation letters, and other internal communication.
• Coordinate and/or conduct employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and 30-60-90-day check-ins, and other employee programs as assigned.
• Processes requests for leaves of absence and related correspondence in accordance with ADA and CFRA.
• Conduct exit interviews with employees and communicates findings to leadership.
• Responds to inquiries regarding the organization’s processes, policies, procedures, and programs.
• Conduct ongoing information and training sessions to develop employees and provide support and problem resolution.
• Coordinate distribution/communication of projects including but not limited to Employee Policy Manual, Pension/401(k) employee education campaign, benefits open enrollment, employee engagement, etc.
• Serve as a consultant to management on all human resources-related issues.
• Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to leadership.
• Conducts investigations into claims of harassment or other organizational policy or procedure violations.
• Administers the management of personnel files and employee records.
• Administration of workers’ compensation, state disability claims, and unemployment claims.
• Administration of organization’s compensation and benefits programs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor or designee.
Summary of Accounting Responsibilities: Responsible for the accurate and timely computing and preparation of financial transactions including journal entries, general ledger entries, monthly account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and related financial statements. Performs general accounting functions in support of CCA’s Finance Department as assigned by supervisor.
• Review and prepare Payroll, Employee Benefits (health, dental, vision, life, 401k & pension), and Credit Card journal entries and reconciliations.
• Act as a backup to Director of Finance & Operations for bank and credit card-related transactions and statements.
• Liaison to Insurance brokers to provide organization information for renewals and proposals.
• Review and approve operational expenditures through AP system (Beanworks).
• Review and approve month-end journal entries in Sage Intaact.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the organization’s programs and mission.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, to 4+ years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
• Experience in recruiting and staffing.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Proficient in MS Office Suites, Zoom/Google Meets, and HRIS databases.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Demonstrated success and comfort in working in a very fast-paced environment and ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to anticipate challenges and craft solutions while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
• Ability to interact and effectively communicate courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, vendors, and stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a team environment, use tact and diplomacy, and exhibit problem-solving skills, as well as multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Possession of valid CA Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
• Strong commitment to social and economic justice.
Come join our growing team with a great mission, pay, and benefits.
The organization is a non-profit that providers training opportunities. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.