The Human Resources Manager implements and coordinates policies and programs of HR functions with an emphasis on employee relations, benefits, wellness, payroll, compensation and HRIS. Occasionally called upon to perform other professional human resource services, including but not limited to recruitment/selection and training/development.
This position will support 3 manufacturing companies within the sector: Cerro Flow Products in Vinita Park, MO; RLS, LLC in a new facility in Hazelwood, MO and Cerro Flow in Sauget IL. The Cerro Flow workforce in Sauget is organized. In total, there are approximately 220 employees that the HR Manager will support. The goals for the HR Manager are to help Increase Employee Engagement, Streamline Processes for Efficiency, and improving the recruitment process by improving the quality of the candidates hired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for collecting and analyzing employee data, organizing and updating employee files and overseeing employee orientation and training, among other duties. Will need to have extensive knowledge of employment law and adhere to company and industry regulations.
• Offering counseling services to employees.
• Responsible for full life cycle recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff.
▪ Performing employee background checks and verifying information.
▪ Conducting exit interviews.
▪ Representing the company at job fairs and college campuses.
• Participating in termination processes.
• Communicating policies pertaining to Human Resources, compensation and benefits.
• Collecting and analyzing employee data.
• Using data to create employee profiles. Organizing and updating employee files.
• Adhering to regulatory standards.
• Overseeing employee orientation and training.
• Liaising between employees and management.
• Managing employee complaints.
• Undertaking communications and interpersonal skills training.
• Arranging employee physical examinations.
Ensures that the employee benefits programs are technically and administratively sound.
• Serves as primary benefits-related contact, both internal and external, by building and maintaining healthy relationships with both staff and external contacts; assists employees with benefits and related policy questions.
• Manages short- and long-term disability plans and related employee leave; FMLA program; life insurance plans, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), etc.
• Plans and executes annual open enrollment period; oversees the processing of benefits elections and other changes to benefit implementation.
• Serves as the technical expert on 401(k) program by conferring with employees on plan participation and coordinating educational and training programs.
• Arranges and conducts employee information presentations in retirement program areas, manages program enrollments/changes/terminations; reviews and authorizes payment of benefits-related billings and maintains statistical financial data.
Oversees the processing of payroll.
• Accurate processing of payroll and maintenance of external payroll database; including data entry, data verification, and balancing of time and attendance data.
• Ensures that payroll records have been updated accurately by reviewing and approving changes in items like exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, transfers, etc. Participates in financial reporting process with analysis of payroll data.
• Oversees the development and maintenance of processes and procedures for all payroll-related activities. Works with Finance to ensure that the payroll systems are current and aligned with staff benefit and other related areas.
• Directly or indirectly oversees any payroll-related training.
• Stays up to date with payroll trends, remains abreast of new federal, state, or local rules and regulations, and implements new policies and procedures, if needed.
• Manages third-party vendor relationships.
• Works with external auditors on payroll, benefits and workers compensation audits.
Serves as the “Systems Administrator” for the HRIS system – Work Day with payroll support from ADP Workforce Now; accountable for the system’s integrity, security and the quality and maintenance of all employee data, records and documentation. Includes:
• On-going evaluation and selection of software, vendor interface, implementation and maintenance.
• Development of standards and processes to ensure that pertinent information is entered into the various systems accurately, efficiently and in a timely fashion.
• In conjunction with the HR Specialist, the development of ad hoc system queries and reports; preparation of HR analytics from the system and coaching others on fully utilizing Work Day.
• Analysis, development, recommendations on system enhancements, overseeing of system configurations, implementation, testing and ongoing support.
Under general oversight from sector Director of HR
• Directly or with external assistance, collects market data for compensation structure assessments ensuring competitive positioning and internal equity.
• Manages staff incentives/commission arrangements, e.g. sales;
• Prepares ad hoc compensation reports.
Administrative and Operational:
Counsel managers and supervisors at all levels and advises leadership on the interpretation and application of HR policies and programs so any HR issues/challenges can be resolved appropriately.
Provides support to sector HR Director for all labor relations activity and support.
• 5+ years experience in employee relations, compensation, benefits, payroll, HRIS, etc.
• Labor Relations experience working with unionized work forces
• Undergraduate degree in business.
• PHR certification is a plus.
• Must be proficient in technology including Microsoft Word and Excel, HRIS systems – Work Day with payroll support from ADP.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• High level of integrity in dealing with confidential information is essential.
• Must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Out of town, overnight travel requirements would be up to 15%. Local travel could be numerous.
This position specification should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.