AGENCY: San Mateo County Transit District
LOCATION: San Carlos, CA
FILING DEADLINE: December 24, 2021
SALARY RANGE: $134,739 – $202,108 DOE/ DOQ
The Manager, Human Resources reports to the Director of Human Resources and is responsible for all programs relating to recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, benefits, leave management, employee retirement; and reward & recognition and wellness programs for the San Mateo County Transit District.
Key Essential Functions
- Oversee recruitment and selection strategies and programs to ensure the District’s ability to attract talent acquisition and retention of qualified personnel.
- Oversee leave management functions, including administration oversight of statutory leave entitlement, discretionary leave, workers compensation, and the interactive process.
- Oversee the administration of the classification process, including creation of job descriptions and conducting classification studies; make recommendations to changes to policies and procedures in order to be responsive to the District’s goals and competitive practices.
- Oversee the administration of wages and employee benefits programs.
- Oversee the employee reward & recognition and wellness programs.
- Responsible for leading customer service-based Human Resources strategies.
- Responsible for the establishment, maintenance, and security of personnel records and employee benefits files.
- Supervise staff. Hire, mentor and take appropriate corrective and/or disciplinary action. Ensure EEO policies and procedures are followed. Participate in selection of staff. Coordinate staff training and professional development. Establish performance objectives. Monitor and evaluate employee performance.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be an innovative and collaborative leader, who is able to create and cultivate a culture of success and achievement. The successful candidate will be organized and effective in introducing and implementing ideas and strategies to utilize a changing workforce and workplace to provide better services for current and future challenges. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to build strong business relationships with staff, leadership, and business partners. This is an excellent opportunity for a customer-centric, employee-centric professional who can navigate human resources to better meet the mission and vison of the District; and foster an atmosphere that speaks to developing relationships with employees and management.
Key Attributes and Characteristics
- A manager who is able to establish confidence, trust, credibility, and consistency for his/herself as well as the Human Resources Department.
- Solid business acumen with team-building skills based on a foundation of responsibility, accountability, and empathy.
- A skill set in organizational and staff assessment, improvement, and creating efficiencies and best practices.
- A staff mentor and coach who fosters professional development of staff through the identification of on-the-job and other development opportunities to help people become more effective.
- Be flexible with the ability to provide clear goals and expectations, while remaining agile as requirements require.
Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held, as well as size of staff and budgets you have managed.
For additional information, please contact:
Phone: (510) 495-0448
Website: https://koffassociates.com/Apply for this job online