Armstrong Teasdale LLP has a long and distinguished track record of delivering sophisticated legal advice and exceptional service to a dynamic client base around the world. Whether an issue is global or local, large or small, Armstrong Teasdale provides each client with an invaluable combination of legal resources and practical advice in nearly every area of law. The firm has 13 offices throughout the U.S. and in the U.K., and more than 640 attorneys and staff firmwide.
Armstrong Teasdale LLP is seeking a Human Resources Specialist to join its St. Louis office. The Human Resources Specialist is trusted with optimizing the Armstrong Teasdale orientation experience. The Specialist will play a large part in projects such as, but not limited to, employee engagement, performance management and compliance as an administrative support role to the HR Business Partner Team.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Supports the HR Business Partner Team by leading new hire staff and associate orientation and ensuring a smooth transition for new hires into the Firm
• Provides administrative support and data gathering for the HR Business Partner Team for various projects such as engagement surveys, performance management, and various recognition programs
• Utilizes strong verbal and written communication skills to update and initiate Firm policies
• Cultivate employee’s knowledge of Firm resources, programs, events, as well as Armstrong Teasdale’s history, culture, mission, and values
• Assists with updating employee information in the HRIS system and related spreadsheets; interfaces with the payroll department to answer inquiries and/or resolve questions based on updates
• Initiates exit and stay interviews for staff and associates to capitalize on employee engagement
• Leads the NATE (New Armstrong Teasdale Employee) program to follow up with employees for their first 90 days of employment; presents key findings to the Business Partner team
• Oversees all unemployment claims and I9 verifications
• Plans and coordinates local staff and attorney social events to strengthen Firm culture
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
• Partners with the Staff Advisory and Associates Committees to implement employee recognition programs
• Decision Making – Identifies issues and provides suggestions to day-to-day problems; prioritizes and effectively completes daily tasks
• Communication – Shares information by using data and information to support an argument or point of view; keeps team informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises; and understands the appropriate level of confidentiality required
• Leadership – Gives positive and constructive feedback to peers; trains new employees; finds solutions to a problem; works autonomously; is motivated to anticipate future business needs
• Continuous Learning – Identifies self-training needs and opportunities; positively accepts changes
• Teamwork – Actively participates in the team and can provide feedback and solutions; listens and responds constructively to others’ concerns
• Alignment to Values – Consistently demonstrates the Firm’s values and offers constructive feedback to team members regarding the values; strives to learn more and participate in diversity and inclusion efforts; demonstrates respect by understanding and providing support
Required Education: Associate’s degree
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: N/A
Required Experience: 2-3 years working in a human resources department; proficient in Microsoft Office; Strong organization skills, critical thinking and time management skills; Customer Service focused
Preferred Experience: 2-3 years working in a human resources department with administrative experience; excellent in Microsoft Office; Strong organization skills, critical thinking and time management skills; Customer Service focused
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Physical Activity: The employee will be required to sit for prolonged periods and work on a computer
Travel Required: N/A
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
EEO Statement: Armstrong Teasdale is an equal opportunity employer and will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws. At Armstrong Teasdale, we define diversity and inclusion broadly and focus on helping professionals of all races, religions, national origins, gender identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations and physical abilities feel a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion are core values of the firm, and we recognize the richness they bring to our workplace.Apply for this job online