The Human Resources Department of a growing accounting firm is seeking a self-starter with strong leadership skills, positive attitude, and ability to coach and develop others. This position is responsible for designing, developing, delivering, evaluating, and managing firm-wide professional, career and leadership development programs which meets the strategic and organization direction of Anders.
The Learning and Development Manager will oversee and administer all learning and development programs for professional and administrative staff.
Specific duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Collaborate with HR and department leaders to identify, measure and support learning outcomes and competencies needed to develop programs that support the achievement of business goals and strategy.
• Develop, design, and facilitate training programs on various soft skill topics in alignment with Anders strategic initiatives, style, and culture and which support the training needs of the staff.
• Consult, facilitates and promotes standardized training methodologies and programs that support organizational and individual goals and business needs. Utilizes best in class learning systems and resources to create a top-notch learning environment.
• Partner with HR peers and department leaders to define career paths, competencies, and related development programs for employees.
• Evaluate the effectiveness, value and ROI of these programs, systems, and services.
• Negotiate and coordinate the use of outside training consultants to ensure they meet the training needs and effectiveness criteria established by Anders. Work with outside vendors to provide relevant and timely in-house training. Coordinate content and logistics including material reproduction, registration, and evaluation.
• Evaluate effectiveness for all courses, both by internal and external instructors to ensure training supports organizational needs. Obtain and maintain training effectiveness ratings on all instructors. Provide regular feedback to instructors to ensure they continue to meet the firm’s expectation for delivery and content.
• Maintain internal Learning Management System including the input and maintenance of course information, monitoring registrations, running needed reports, and issuing certificates of completion. Orient staff on using the LMS system as part of New Hire Orientation process.
• Assist employees in developing career path plans. Monitor career path plans for each employee. Provide coaching to coaches regarding career paths, goal setting and soft skills development for their direct reports.
• Monitor continuing education compliance for various licenses and certifications; collaborate with individuals to ensure all requirements are met; assist with CPA application process; assist staff with out of state CPA licenses to convert to valid Missouri licenses; monitor completion of requirements; create and distribute status reports to department leaders.
• Provide input on training topics and approach in cases where sessions are developed and delivered by others
• Maintain a calendar and schedule for annual conferences learning curriculum to ensure appropriate staff registrations, discounts, and on-time registrations
• Develop, implement, and maintain all learning and development policies, standards, processes, and tools while ensuring compliance with firm regulatory CPE and NASBA requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned
Career Experience Description
Qualifications and Competencies
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with professionals at all levels, both internally and externally.
• Ability to work independently with expanding duties and responsibilities
• Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy, and excellent presentation skills.
• Aptitude for thriving in a fast-paced, growing environment
• Ability to function as a coach at all levels of the organization
• Ability to provide effective training to all levels of staff.
• Ability to keep information confidential.
• Ability to work under pressure; maintain problem solving attitude.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development, business administration, education, or related field
• 7+ years of related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
For over 50 years, Anders has delivered full-service accounting, tax, audit and advisory services to growth-oriented companies, organizations and individuals. Every day, our partners and staff serve as a catalyst for those striving to achieve their highest potential and carry this mentality on to our clients and community. Ranked #100 on Accounting Today’s List of Top Accounting Firms and a Firm to Watch, Anders is a member firm of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA), one of the largest international associations of independent accounting firms. For more information on Anders, visit anderscpa.com and follow on us Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram: @AndersCPAApply for this job online