As part of the HR & Administration team supporting the nationwide operations of a multi-national, multi-cultural organization with several distinct business units, provide HR leadership and support to internal Business Partners in various HR functions, which includes: Employment, Performance Management, Rewards and Compensation, and HR Policies and Procedures. Coach managers and their teams on day-to-day issues. Implement strategic HR initiatives to achieve organizational effectiveness.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Engage in the full range of HR operations including planning, evaluating, organizing, and integrating HR strategies, in a shared services arrangement.
• Provide day-to-day leadership and guidance to employees and management related to policy, performance, pay practices, performance management, and labor law.
• Oversee the Applicant Tracking System, recruiting and staffing, prepare and present offer letters
• Manage leaves of absence and assist employees through the interactive process.
• Provide coaching to managers on the resolution of sensitive employee situations, including performance improvement, disciplinary actions and terminations.
• Ensure that the onboarding process instills company culture, is structured, and provides a successful training for new employees.
• Communicate annual performance cycle (IPM). Coach managers on improving performance and motivating employees. Help business unit leaders to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards including training plans.
• Manage the termination process. Guide business partners with reduction in force, job elimination, severance payments and preparation of release agreements.
• Oversee benefits programs (enrollments, premium payments, maintenance of records). Manage tuition reimbursements and pay continuation program etc.).
• Prepare job descriptions, conduct job evaluations, and establish job codes for new hires
• Manage unemployment claims.
• Ensure that HR services are provided as appropriate to internal client needs. Identify new opportunities where HR can add value, and work with HR Business Partners to execute.
• Stay abreast of developments in employment law and ensure adherence to legislative requirements and company policies.
Career Experience Description
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources Management or related field
• 8-10 years directly related experience, including supervision.
• Solid expertise in relevant state and federal labor legislation and other relevant compliance.
• Knowledge of multiple HR disciplines.
• Expertise in problem solving and analysis.
• Effective team player who exhibits teaming ability in executing tasks and responsibilities.
• PC experience with advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Strong interpersonal communication, business partnership and consulting skills.
• Basic project management skills.
• PHR or SPHR certification highly desirable.
Celebrating 100 years, at Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc., we’ve built a tradition of technological leadership and innovation. Our mission is to enrich everyday life through superior, technologically advanced automation products and solutions. And our people are the most critical component of delivering on that mission.
Consider growing your career with us. You’ll be joining a successful team of smart, dedicated professionals who are not only the best in their respective fields, but are committed to a tradition of technological leadership and innovation. You’ll also be empowered to pursue your career path with an unsurpassed in-house professional development program and opportunities for advancement.
We care about our employees, so we offer a family-friendly culture and understand the importance of work/life balance.
If you want to work in an environment of teamwork, where employees enjoy working together toward a common goal, we invite you to apply online today.
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. is committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other lawfully protected characteristicApply for this job online