Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Manager of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the VOH recruitment process, internship program, compensation administration and a portion of the agency’s employee relations management. The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing business continuity between the Human Resources department and internal business partners, ensuring consistency in processes and procedures; serving as a point of contact for internal partners for the resolution of ongoing operational and personnel issues. The Manager of Human Resources will also collaborate with the Director of Human Resources and the Chief HR/Diversity Officer to ensure compliance with the agency’s Affirmative Action Plan according to federal regulations, as well as assist with the agency’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEI&B) programs. The Manager of Human Resources will carry out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Agency and Commitments to Sanctuary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Administration or related degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Master’s degree is a plus
• Knowledge of HR practices and Fair Employment Law
• 3-5 years of prior managerial and leadership experience, preferably in non-profit environment
• 3+ years employee relations experience, involving the completion of employee investigations, developing and implementing recruitment processes and procedures, as well as delivering employee training programs
• Experience facilitating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training is a plus
• Valid NYS driver’s license and has use of an automobile
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
• Strong collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and HRIS
Sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and routine keyboard operations. Requires sustained, intense concentration for accurate results or continuous exposure to unusual pressure; normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing and speaking required.
Travel: Occasional travel between various worksites may be requiredApply for this job online