The Manager, Payroll & Compensations plans, develops and oversees the company’s salary administration and compensation programs as well as oversees the payroll processing for all U.S. and international locations. This position also conducts analysis to support compensation and other Human Resource related decisions, provides strategic recommendations regarding compensation programs and serves as the subject-matter expert for the Company’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintains and administers the company’s salary programs by:
a. Directing the annual salary administration program analysis and providing guidance and related data to the VP, Human Resources, CEO and external compensation consultants.
b. Recommending appropriate adjustments to the overall salary grade structures and individual job grades to management.
c. Providing analysis and data supporting salary increase budget recommendations.
d. Oversees the job evaluation process to ensure accurate and consistent job descriptions as well as providing pay grade recommendations.
- Consults with other HR staff and makes recommendations on compensation decisions for new hires, promotions and equity adjustments.
- Oversees payroll processing for all domestic and global locations and ensures compliance with federal/country, state and local regulations.
- Supervises Payroll Specialist by providing performance feedback and counseling as necessary to maintain consistent performance quality and facilitate employee development and ensures adequate backup to cover the essential payroll operations when needed.
- Administers the company commission, profit sharing and long-term incentive compensation programs and maintains related policies and guidelines.
- Oversees and acts as the subject-matter expert for the HRIS and timekeeping systems and acts as liaison with system vendors as well as periodically reviewing systems to ensure they are meeting the needs of the company.
- Responsible for maintaining the annual benefits open enrollment process within the HRIS and maintenance of the automated carrier connection processing.
- Ensures compliance with annual Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting requirements.
- Acts as liaison with Cass IT Risk and Compliance group to ensure compliance with privacy policies as they relate to the HR function, including European GDPR and Privacy Shield.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to easily adapt to new HR and payroll technology platforms.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to consistently maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to manage projects and follow through.
- Demonstrated professionalism and leadership.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel, Word and Outlook.
- General knowledge of Wage and Hour regulations and other regulations pertaining to payroll, compensation and employee privacy.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING NORMALLY REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years progressively responsible compensation or related analytical experience in the areas of compensation, accounting, finance or similar field.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification preferred.
- 2+ years supervisory or leadership experience, with payroll leadership experience preferred.
- Experience with international payroll, compensation processing and compliance preferred.