Has your position been impacted or eliminated due to the pandemic? Do you want to work for a not for profit agency that has a strong mission to provide services to our community?
The Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester has an immediate contract to possible direct hire opportunity (90 days+)
for a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator!
You will be trained by the incumbent.
Full time hours with the option to work remotely part time.
Under general guidance from the Chief Human Resources Officer, administers benefit and compensation programs; inputs bi weekly payroll data, maintains employee records and ensures compliance with Federal/State/Local rules and regulations.
· Reviewing timesheets for missing punches, PTO approvals, holiday pay, benefit deductions for up to (500) employees (exempt,non-exempt, part time, full time and seasonal). Responsible for new hire documents, changes and terminations.
· Move timesheets from Time and Labor to HR and payroll. Run preview, review for accuracy making any needed corrections and submit.
· Facilitate Paylocity onboarding for staff recalled from furlough. Prepare and process payroll changes in accordance to agency policies.
and Collective Bargaining Agreements
· Responsible for ongoing administration and training with newly hired supervisors of the online electronic timesheet system.
· Receive, process and track wage garnishments · Ensure compliance with FLSA Wage and Hour rules · Maintain PTO system within payroll. · Answer questions and resolve payroll issues with employees.
· Oversee Disability and Leave programs with outsourced vendor and coordinate pay for employees. · Administer the agency’s benefit plans including the plans for health, vision, dental, life insurance, long term disability, FSA’s and 403b.
· Work with Leave Administrator to process COBRA. · Stay up-to-date with Healthcare Reform regulations; compile data to file ACA reports. · Coordinate open enrollment process including meetings, employee enrollment support and submitting to third party vendors.
· Participate in the annual benefit renewal in conjunction with the insurance broker. · Distribute mandatory plan documents and notices in accordance with the DOL and IRS (Summary Plan Description, Summary of Material Modifications, HIPAA Privacy and other Annual Participant Notices, etc.)
· Answer employee questions about coverage; act as a liaison between the employees, third party administrators, and benefit vendors · Conduct new hire benefit orientation. · Enter all enrollment changes via Paylocity benefit module and adjust payroll premiums accordingly. Communicate enrollment changes to vendors. · Review monthly reconciliations, approve payment for sponsored benefits. Identify and resolve billing issues. · Calculate final payouts for terminated employees.
Additional responsibilities: · Accounting duties to include generating 403b reconciliation reports, PTO, EEO and DOL reports. · Generate reports for HR Audit and annual review of 403b and financial statements. · Year end payroll tasks including 1095 and W-2 preparation.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE · Two years’ experience required in working with Paylocity or ADP. · Minimum of 2 years’ experience with payroll and benefit administration. · Strong technical skills with the ability to enhance utilization of Paylocity’s capabilities.
· Either Accounting/Finance experience or education preferred to support audits and collaborate with Finance Dept. to generate reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Considerable knowledge of modern human resources practices/procedures.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to: Word and Excel.
· Considerable knowledge of current employment laws.
· Basic knowledge of the laws, policies and procedures governing health and life insurance administration.
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision and instruction at times.
· Ability to create, maintain and analyze complex computer spreadsheets utilizing mathematical formulas.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to establish/maintain professional working relationships with supervisors, employees and vendors.
· Portray a positive and professional image of the agency and the HR Department at all times.
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
· Exercise sound decision making skills and resourcefulness in the performance of job duties.
· Ability to resolve conflict through persuasion, mediation and negotiation.
· Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
· Follow complex oral and written instructions.
Other Necessary Requirements:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. · Use of computer keyboard & screen.Apply for this job online