The Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for compiling and recording employee personal data, computing employees’ time worked and commissions, and following up and verifying all wages are paid correctly. The Payroll Coordinator will also maintain all paper and electronic personnel records. Duties include:
- Reviewing timesheets, commission and bonus calculations, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Processing paperwork for new employees and entering employee information into the payroll system.
- Verifying attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments and posting information to designated records.
- Computing wages and deductions and entering data into appropriate software programs.
- Recording employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Processing and issuing employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Keeping track of leave time, such as vacation, and sick leave for employees.
- Compiling employee time and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Sorting and sending out paychecks to all locations
- Accounting software – ADP WorkForce Now preferred
- Electronic mail software – Microsoft Outlook
- Spreadsheet software – Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software – Microsoft Word
- Personal skills – Strong organization and attention to detail, ability to work independently
- Education – High school diploma required; ADP or payroll certification preferred