Under general direction of the Chief Human Resources and Diversity Officer and working in collaboration with the Finance team and relevant Program and Support function staff, the Payroll and Leave Administrator is responsible for all payroll processing and maintenance, as well as leave administration. In addition to ACA reporting, the Payroll and Leave Administrator provides support to the Accounts Payable function (as required), and fulfills audit requirements in order to allow Villa of Hope to grow and carry out its mission through implementation of core agency strategic initiatives. The Payroll and Leave Administrator must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while effectively carrying out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan. Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency Policies and Procedures. Maintains confidentiality and security for all client and staff related materials and/or records.
• Processes bi-weekly payroll
• Processes all payroll related file maintenance (direct deposits / HSA / tax withholdings, employee status changes, etc.)
• Processes garnishments (support orders, medical support orders, tax levies, student loans, etc.)
• Recommends and participates in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations
• Leads and participates in annual benefits Open Enrollment
• Processes benefit enrollments and changes in ADP
• Administers leaves for FMLA, PFL, Workers’ Compensation and Disability
• Participates in audits (Finance, 401(k), Workers’ Comp, etc.)
• Provides customer service to employees related to payroll, benefits or leave questions
• Participates in team meetings
• Maintains working relationship with Program Managers and Leadership
• Communicates with Chief HR and Diversity Officer regarding all payroll related issues and special circumstances
• Presents at New Employee Orientations and other staff meetings as necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 5 years, Payroll Processing, NYS Workers Compensation, Disability (STD/LTD) administration and Benefits Processing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
• Strong collaboration, detail oriented and accuracy of information
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, HRIS and Payroll Processing System (ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred)
Physical Demands: Sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and routine keyboard operations. Requires sustained, intense concentration for accurate results or continuous exposure to unusual pressure; normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing and speaking required.
Travel: Local as needed
• Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)-
o Do the right thing, because it is the right thing, even when no one is looking. Truth to Power.
• Customer Focus
o Build positive relationships through communication and collaborative problem solving.
• Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
o Believe in the dignity and humanity of all people to reach their full potential.