Summary: As a member of the Corporate Payroll Team, the Payroll Administrator will ensure, under general supervision, the accurate processing and recording of the company’s various payrolls (US), assuring adherence by all entities to established policy and procedures. In addition, the Payroll Administrator will provide timely and accurate financial information relating to processed payrolls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Responsible for the preparation and processing of weekly / biweekly payrolls for over 2,000 employees
• Import time and attendance transactions from Kronos into Paylocity system for payroll processing. Review for accuracy and completeness by balancing batch totals.
• Format and upload all weekly imports from the locations. Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports. Submit all payrolls upon approval of management.
• Pay employees accurately and timely in accordance to State and Federal Law and company policy.
• Audit offsite location payroll changes. Process all status changes for Corporate, Commercial and Logistics including new hire processing and termination, as well as changes in status and rate of pay.
• Enter, maintain and process items such as wage garnishments, child support deductions, and unemployment documents.
• Process annual hourly merit increases, after validating accuracy of file prior to upload.
• Document and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Reconcile quarterly tax reports and year-end W-2 and W-3 reporting. Communicate tax notices to vendor.
• Maintain employee confidence and privacy of payroll operations by keeping information confidential and protecting security of user accounts. Respond to and resolve questions and issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Assist the team across the US with various software migrations.
• Travel and / or extended or off work hours may be required.
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma / GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
• 2+ years related experience
• Experience processing multi-state payroll preferred
• Experience with KRONOS and Paylocity preferred
• Working knowledge of Federal and State guidelines, as well as payroll best practices
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
• Task-oriented with strong attention to detail
• Strong skills – organizing, multi-tasking, and prioritizing
• Ability to communicate effectively with other departments
• Able to analyze the root causes and efficiently address the problem
• Dealing sensitively with confidential information
• Certified Payroll Professional preferredApply for this job online