The Manager, HR partners with management at the Buffalo, NY plant to build people and plant capabilities that enable business results to be delivered. Contribute feedback to and follow HR practices and processes to serve plant management and employees. Set HR priorities. Facilitate completion of HR processes, including appraisals, compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Development. Process Payroll and administer Onboarding. Communicate with, engage, and recognize employees. Address employee issues. Interface regularly with the Corporate HR Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide HR leadership and guidance to influence plant management on HR priorities and items.
· Serve as management and employee resource. Partner with managers to appraise, develop, communicate with, engage, compensate, and recognize employees.
· Address employee issues, including performance and discipline. Conduct investigations. Refer to employee handbook, clarifying policies.
· Manage Talent Acquisition directly or through HR team member, including job postings, employee referrals, and applicant selection. Assure strong new hire Onboarding and Orientation experience.
· Manage plant Training Plan.
· Generate HR systems reports to understand items such as labor costs and turnover to then take action.
· Interfaces with department managers, following labor cost, and productivity ensuring departments are in line with budget.
· Prepares budget files as required from plant controller.
· Conduct benefits Open Enrollment.
· Process Payroll directly or through HR team member.
· Interface regularly with Corporate HR Team and plant HRMs, and, where needed Legal, Compliance, and Safety.
· Serve as interface with Union. Develop relationship with Union representatives and negotiate then follow Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Travel and / or extended or off work hours may be required.
· This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Bachelors degree or higher preferred
· 8+ years HR experience required
· 4+ years Management experience required
· 4+ years Manufacturing experience preferred
· Experience in Food Industry preferred
· Union negotiation preferred, HR Systems, Employment and Labor Law, Labor costs
· Microsoft Office, especially Excel required
· HR Information Systems; Paylocity and KRONOS preferred
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to build rapport well with all levels
· Demonstrate strong project management and analytical skills
· Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize
· Act swiftly and creatively in fast-paced environment with ever changing needs
· Maintain strict confidentiality.
· SPHR or PHR certification preferredApply for this job online