IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
VALLEY WATER SEEKS a Recruitment and Talent Development Manager that is experienced in developing and executing recruiting and talent development programs within public agencies. Ideally, the Recruitment and Talent Development Manager will be comfortable with devising creative solutions to enable recruitment, hiring, retention, and employee development functions to work together with synergy. They will need to have sound management theory and practice; must be an experienced administrator, a forward-thinking visionary who is business-friendly and capable of handling program development while ensuring consistency in quality. The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. They will have a track record of successfully guiding recruiting and talent development efforts. The Manager should have the experience necessary to partner with department heads and key stakeholders to influence and manage a team who can deliver quality assessment and a high touch experience through all aspects of the recruiting cycle. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the principles and fundamentals of job analysis and classification as they pertain to the administration of a recruitment process. The ideal candidate will be a proactive collaborator who can think analytically and act strategically — an energetic individual who communicates openly and values the experience and knowledge of their staff. They must be flexible and able to adapt to change. The ideal candidate will be innovative; will develop and execute plans to identify and drive productivity improvements that enable the team to meet set goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS:
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in human resources management, organizational development, business or public administration, or a related field.
They must have five (5) years of human resources program management experience, including two (2) years of direct supervisory experience.
Qualifications include knowledge of:
• Principles, practices, and application of human resources management and administration.
• Organization and quality management practices as applied to the development, analysis, and evaluation of programs, policies, and operational needs of employment services programs.
• Principles and practices of employment services program and project budget development and administration, contract negotiation and management, and sound financial management policies and procedures.
• Practices of researching employment services issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting effective staff reports.
• Computer software applications, such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft, Smart Draw, Training Wizard, Halogen, HRIS, NeoGOV Recruitment Online Application software, and other specialized software and databases.6.Principles and practices of classification and compensation.
• Administer complex, technical employment services programs in an independent and cooperative manner.
• Evaluate and develop improvements to employment services operations, procedures, policies, or methods.
• Conduct employment services research, evaluate alternatives, make sound recommendations, and prepare effective staff reports.
• Establish and maintain a variety of employment services filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of employment services programs, projects, services, and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
THE RECRUITMENT+TALENT Development Manager plans, manages, and oversees recruitment and training and workforce development. The Manager receives general direction from the Chief Operating Officer over Information Technology & Administrative Services. The incumbent manages day-to-day recruiting, training, succession planning, and general employee development programs and processes. The work is diverse, specialized, complex, and involves a high degree of accountability and sound decision-making. Successful performance of the work requires extensive professional background in Human Resources, ideally in public sector recruitment and training, and significant management experience.
The following are some of the position’s typical duties:
• Manages the development and implementation of sound recruitment, and selection processes, including evaluation of recruitment materials and sources, administration of all phases of the recruitment process, and providing assistance to hiring divisions and units with the employee selection process.
• Manages the development, implementation, evaluation, and modification of training and workforce development programs, including Training Needs Analysis, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, Pay for Performance, Employee Recognition, Tuition Assistance Programs, and Classified Employee Performance Program (CEPP); designs, develops, and delivers training classes and consultation services; ensures required trainings are defined and delivered to impacted staff within required time frame.
• Selects, develops, motivates, and evaluates assigned personnel; provides or coordinates staff training; and works with employees on performance issues.
• Manages goals, objectives, and priorities and process improvements for the unit; recommends appropriate service and staffing levels; develops and administers assigned budgets.
• Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures while ensuring that administrative, operational, financial, regulatory, and legal requirements are met.
• Initiates solicitations, including requests for proposal and sole source requests to provide materials and services; coordinates and participates in the evaluation of submittals; negotiates and executes contracts; prepares and submits Board Agenda items for contract approval; administers and manages contracts ensuring compliance with all requirements.
• Manages and conducts project management and planning activities; leads and guides project teams in the execution of recruitment and talent development programs; develops work plans consisting of mission, objectives, scope of work, budget, schedules, and baseline requirements; identify critical issues and recommend solutions to manage risks.
• Develops and reviews periodic and technical staff reports related to area of responsibility; may present information to the Board of Directors and various commissions, committees, and boards.
• Conducts a variety of organizational studies, and operational studies and analyses utilizing information technology or systems, organizational data, and other sources of business intelligence; recommends modifications to administrative services programs, policies, and procedures.
SALARY AND BENEFITS SALARY RANGE: The salary range for this position is $143,228.80– $182,915.20 annually, depending on qualifications. Additionally, effective June 15, 2020, the range will increase by 4%.
BENEFITS RETIREMENT/PENSION: 2% at age 62, classic members: 2% at age 60, based on provisions of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS).
HEALTH INSURANCE: Medical, Dental, Vision Care and AP benefits are provided by Valley Water. Employees pay 15% towards Valley Water’s monthly premium cost for medical coverage. Dental, Vision Care and EAP coverage is provided by Valley Water with no monthly premium cost to the employee; Medical, Dental, Vision Care and EAP benefits are provided to all regular employees and their eligible dependents.
OTHER INSURANCE: Group Life and Disability Insurance. DEFERRED COMP: Available to employees as an option with up to $2,000 in annual Valley Water matching contributions.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: Health Care and Dependent Care Spending.
VACATION: 80 to 176 hours per year depending upon years of service (may be accumulated up to 3 times the annual entitlement).
LEAVES: 3 days of bereavement leave; 24 hours of prorated personal leave and 32 hours of prorated management leave; up to 96 hours per year sick leave.
HOLIDAYS: 12 designated days per calendar year.
TO APPLY: To apply for this opportunity, complete an application through Valley Water Jobs Page at: governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd?
For any questions, please contact K&A Recruiting at: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline to apply for this position is FRIDAY, JUNE 12th. Valley Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.Apply for this job online