Armstrong Teasdale LLP is seeking a Senior Benefits Specialist to join its St. Louis office. The Senior Benefits Specialist leads the coordination and interaction with the firm’s broker and all third- party administrators of all health and wellness plans. Administers all benefits plans, worker’s compensation, tuition reimbursement, various types of leaves, and work accommodations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, compliance with all applicable regulations and employment laws, internal health and wellness communications, problem solves various claims issues and validates costs charged by vendors and to the firm’s personnel.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interacts with the firm’s broker and third-party administrators of all the health and wellness plans
- Distributes materials and consults with benefit enrollees, carriers, and administrators on eligibility provisions and other matters related to claims issues and processing life status changes
- Regularly audits and performs quality checks to ensure the accuracy of all benefit related data in the HRIS, charges to personnel, provides vendors with accurate eligibility information, and provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges
- Manages the firm’s wellness and tuition reimbursement programs including regular participation incentives, communication and education
- Processes and administers timely completion of paperwork as it relates to various leaves of absence requests, disabilities, and monitors including coding in our systems for compensation purposes
- Ensures compliance of plans with legislation, stays current on regulations, and implements changes as necessary
- Works with the insurance carrier, staff and attorneys on worker’s compensation claims including leading an interactive dialogue in terms of successfully carrying out work functions
- Responsible for communication, enrollment, and responding to 401(k) inquiries from all personnel relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts
- Decision Making – Identifies issues and provides suggestions to day-to-day problems; prioritizes and effectively completes daily tasks
- Communication – Communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner and prevents miscommunication by clarifying difficult concepts and ensures understanding by others; knows the appropriate amount of information to share with various parties; ensures regular and consistent information is shared; understands the appropriate level of confidentiality
- Leadership – Gives positive and constructive feedback to peers; trains new employees; finds solutions to a problem; works autonomously; is motivated to anticipate future business needs
- Continuous Learning – Identifies training needs and opportunities for self, team and firm; promotes changes and acts as a change agent
- Teamwork – Actively participates in the team and can provide feedback and solutions; listens and responds constructively to others’ concerns
- Alignment to Values – Consistently demonstrates the Firm’s values and offers constructive feedback to team members regarding the values; strives to learn more and participate in diversity and inclusion efforts; demonstrates respect by understanding and providing support
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: None
Preferred Certification: CEBS
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Years of Experience: 5-7 years
Preferred Years of Experience: 6-10 years
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Physical Activity: The employee will be required to sit for prolonged periods and work on a computer
Travel Required: N/A
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
EEO Statement: Armstrong Teasdale is an equal opportunity employer and will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws. At Armstrong Teasdale, we define diversity and inclusion broadly and focus on helping professionals of all races, religions, national origins, gender identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations and physical abilities feel a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion are core values of the firm, and we recognize the richness they bring to our workplace.