We are looking for an experienced Senior HR Business Partner to join our team in Woodburn, Oregon. Woodburn offers affordable living with the convenience of big city amenities, as it is conveniently located just a short, 30 minute drive South of Portland. Relocation assistance is available!
Location: Woodburn, OR USA 97071
What we’re looking for:
- A trusted advisor to support client groups throughout the organization with a focus on building valuable relationships and trust with internal customers.
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, work independently and proactively, along with completing projects and resolving issues as a part of the HR Team, with minimal supervision.
- A strategic and creative problem solver who can provide resources and guidance to internal clients.
- A partner who supports the achievement of the HR team’s strategic objectives by acting as a lead on a range of HR projects and initiatives.
- A leader with the ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility at all organizational levels.
- A change agent in managing HR and organizational change.
- An experienced partner with proven strong analytical and decision making skills.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the touchpoint and representative for YVFWC HR for our Oregon locations.
- Provide employee relations consultation of low to high complexity, including conducting detailed and objective investigations and writing summary reports to support employment-related business decisions.
- As a savvy HR professional with strong generalist knowledge, act as the single point of contact for client groups, providing efficient, proactive advisory service on a broad spectrum of HR issues, procedures, and policies consistent with employment standards, laws, and guidelines and organizational culture.
- Provide day-to-day HR support to employees and leadership at all levels, including proactively generating and providing HR guidance, facilitating learning opportunities, coaching leaders, performance management including corrective actions, professional and career development, , and separations..
- Provide coaching and consultation to leadership in the areas of compensation, employee retentions, talent planning, employee development, policy interpretation and implementation, and conflict resolution.
- Find opportunities to work through issues and tackle business challenges with broad and up-to-date knowledge of employment law, organizational development and employee behavior, change management, and organization policy.
- Actively contribute your KSA’s in HR to improve the strategic effectiveness and efficiency of the HR function.
- Collaborate with compensation and classification, recruitment/hiring, benefits, credentialing and other HR specialists to understand and identify, manage and solve a broad spectrum of issues for assigned client groups.
- Develop project plans, including goals and outcomes, key partners, timelines, deliverables, and cost implications.
- In collaboration with the SME’s, manage unemployment claims process for Oregon employees.
- Act as a subject matter expert and mentor to HR Business Partners.
What we offer:
- A terrific, team oriented work environment.
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Relocation allowance available.
- Best-in-class benefits including 100% employer-paid healthcare for employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Must have 5 years of comprehensive HR experience, including experience in resolving complex employee relations issues, or 3 years of comprehensive HR experience AND a Master’s degree.
- Must have the ability to influence and lead others without having direct authority.
- Must have advanced and practical knowledge of HR and employment law, employee training and organizational development, , employee relations, coaching, workforce equity and diversity, performance management, corrective action, conflict resolution, and HR metrics.
- Must have advanced proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion along with the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Must have strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto liability insurance coverage required.
- Experience in a non-profit, healthcare, and/or multi-location employer preferred, but not required.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification or a related HR designation or certificate, preferred.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
About the Location
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means living in the breathtaking Pacific Northwest. You will have the opportunity enjoy spectacular wilderness areas, scenic ocean beaches and crystal-clear lakes and rivers. Because of the Cascade mountain range, the Northwest has two distinct climates: The west side is lush and green. Eastern Washington and Oregon, shielded from the rain-filled clouds by the high mountains, tend to be sunny and arid. The Yakima Valley enjoys about 300 days of sunshine a year!
The two climates enable farms and orchards to produce a bounty of different fruits, berries and vegetables. And with 22 appellations, Washington and Oregon are also celebrated for their world-class wines. No matter where you live in the Pacific Northwest, you will be within an easy drive to a thriving metropolitan area, offering fine shopping, theatres, museums and galleries. The area also includes progressive public and private schools and world-class universities.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.Apply for this job online