OSI Systems companies have a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. With more than 30 years of combined experience in the field of optoelectronics our OSI Optoelectronics (OSIO) division is a diversified manufacturer of standard and custom photodiodes and optical sensors for used in aerospace, defense, commercial and medical applications.
We are one of the largest global manufacturers of optoelectronic devices, delivering engineering design support and manufacturing capabilities that include products for use in the defense, aerospace, medical, and industrial markets, among others. We utilize our world-class manufacturing facilities in the U.S., India and Malaysia to continue to put forth excellent engineering solutions aligned with efficient manufacturing to meet high-volume production requirements.
OSI Optoelectronics has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Generalist. This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Human Resources and serves as a consultant/coach to the OSIO and OSI Corporate functions. The Sr. HR Generalist will perform a wide variety of professional level duties, as well as administrative duties, in the areas of employee relations, talent management and recruiting. Participates on cross-functional initiatives, special projects, and process improvement initiatives.
• Serves as a partner and resource to business unit senior leadership and HR to ensure continuous communication and connectivity between Division HR, Corporate HR, and the business.
• Implements and administers effective programs spanning the breadth of the HR function, with focus on talent and performance management, change management, employee relations, recruiting, total rewards, EEO, and training & development.
• Fully responsible for the investigation and resolution of employee relations matters.
• Conduct IRP meetings with employees and handle Worker’s Comp matters.
• Understands the effect of new laws or administrative regulations on human resources programs and assists in the design of procedures and forms for policy implementation.
• Regular and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
• Front line HR support for all internal employee information requests and data updates.
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry of all paperwork including new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and all other personnel changes into various HR systems (ADP, timekeeping, etc.)
• Prepare for new hires. Communicate with new hires regarding Day 1 expectations and manage new hire orientation and documentation; new hire packet creation, E-verify.
• Conducts/leads exit meetings and communicate important exit information to employees in advance of their last day. Ensure final pay is prepared accurately and in accordance with state regulations.
• Responsible of all HR related employee events. Miscellaneous duties may include invoicing to A/P, filing, etc.
• Provide back-up support to receptionist.
• Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
• It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
• Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
• BS/BA in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field.
• 5+ years of Human Resources experience with emphasis in supporting a manufacturing or technology workforce across a matrixed and dispersed environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with executive leadership, managers, and all levels of coworkers.
• Proficient with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must have intermediate/advanced Excel skills.
• Authentic individual with impeccable integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with OSI System’s mission, vision, and leadership framework.
• Performance-driven individual who is a critical thinker with a metrics-driven approach to all solutions.
• Ability to handle stressful situations and multiple tasks with composure.
• Current knowledge of State and Federal legal regulations and practices for HR.
• Must be able to travel to other locations as required.