Carmel Partners is a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in the investment and development of multifamily real estate. Our mission is to build and enhance high-quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions that create value for our investors, residents, and associates.
As a Senior Compensation & HRIS Analyst you will be a key member of the HR team supporting Carmel’s major compensation processes and initiatives. In this role, you will contribute to the design, development, and administration of Carmel’s compensation programs. In collaboration with the Benefits & HRIS Manager, you will support and maintain the HRIS and serve as the technical point of contact for assigned functional areas to ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, and report writing.
What you’ll do
- Provide analytical support in the design, planning, development, and implementation of Carmel’s compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain complex excel spreadsheets to aid in the annual and mid-year compensation planning process and maintain the project incentive bonus programs.
- Prepare modeling and data analysis to support compensation-related decision-making.
- Evaluate, level, and determine the market value of new and existing jobs and ensure consistency across the organization.
- Partner with HR leaders to research internal compensation issues (e.g., market competitiveness, pay analysis) to respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Conduct job analysis to determine appropriate internal job level and FLSA classification.
- Participate in compensation and benefits surveys by compiling and submitting all necessary company data and statistics.
- Evaluate and analyze market data for all jobs through various tools and surveys on an annual and as needed basis.
- Maintain and administer all compensation-related modules and tables in the HRIS.
- Process project incentive bonuses.
- Assist with researching options to automate Carmel’s compensation processes.
- Provide support for the HRIS, including researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws, performing scheduled activities, recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Collaborate with functional experts to coordinate the application of upgrades or fix.
- Assist with managing user access, review, create and update user roles as needed.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a variety of HRIS reports.
- Ensure data integrity in systems through regular audits, queries, and data analysis.
- Support the General Ledger interface between the respective applications.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other closely related fields.
- Certified Compensation Professional designation (CCP) desired.
- Minimum 4 years Human Resources experience in a compensation role.
- Minimum 4 years HR systems experience.
- Proficiency in Ultimate Software (UltiPro) and Cognos BI preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formulas, data tables, etc.) and strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint).
- Critical, analytical, and financial thinker
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal skills.
- An incredible eye for detail & an exceptionally high bar for quality.
Your Compensation & Benefits:
Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. Total compensation for this role also includes a bonus incentive in addition to base salary.
Benefits play a key role in your choice of employer. Our portfolio of health benefits, time off benefits, paid parental leave, and wellness programs and perks are designed to ensure that you are healthy and comfortable.
Hiring during Covid -19: Many of our corporate recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic via Zoom, as we are working in a hybrid work-from-home/office environment until further notice.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse team rooted in a culture of mutual respect. We know that our differences make us stronger as an organization and we embrace equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.Apply for this job online