This is an outstanding place to work!
It all starts with the people. You will love working with colleagues who have a genuine desire to innovate and seek out complicated problems. We each come into work every day trying to make the organization a little better than it was the day before. We ask the tough questions and push each other to be courageous. This occurs in an environment that cultivates authenticity and clarity. We believe in absolute inclusion and diversity. Qualitrol associates enjoy the autonomy, breadth of responsibility, and creativity that are typical in a medium-sized company, while sharing resources, standard methodologies, and career opportunities that are found in a Fortune 500 company like Fortive.
We are looking for a motivated Sr. HR Generalist to provide HR support to our Fairport location. You will work closely with the HR Business Partner to help drive and ensure successful adoption of various HR initiatives, talent strategies, and related. Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: employee relations, employee engagement and retention, performance management, recruiting, training, total rewards, diversity, data analytics and general administration.
Here’s where you’ll demonstrate your proficiencies:
• Implement strategies to drive employee engagement, retention, and diversity throughout the organization
• Lead employee relation issues, investigations, and applicable training. Prepare documentation, coach employees and managers, and make appropriate recommendations
• Conduct compensation and job code/grade level analysis and propose recommendations based on performance, potential, market data, and risk
• Support recruiting efforts through identification of top talent with a focus on building bench strength
• Assist with university relations and partner with HR team to create a positive Co-Op experience
• Guide employees through the performance management process, facilitating career development and employee improvement discussions
• Prepare and deliver communications, presentations, and timely reports to employees and management on HR initiatives, processes, and events
• Other general administrative tasks as needed
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
• 3+ years of general HR experience including employee relations, communications, engagement, analysis, and general HR administration.
• High energy and successful track record working in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledgeable in federal and state employment laws
• Ability to recognize and diffuse difficult situations
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to understand data trends, evaluate and make recommendations